Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Rohit - Just got off the phone with Nebraska, I am with you:)

Rohit - Just got off the phone with Nebraska, I am with you:)

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:38 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rohit - Just got off the phone with Nebraska, I am with you:)

Spoke to a really nice guy at Nebraska just a few minutes ago who was very helpful. Some good news for me! My I-129f was given to an inspector on Monday, so I am in the same boat now as Rohit Being the first news that I have head in four+ months, I am pretty excited

I talked to the guy for quite a while about how long it might take from here. He answer was what I have always felt to be the truth. "It really depends on how many others are in the pile at the inspectors desk". Not a direct qoute but something like that. However, he did say that it is always a goal to get them done within 30 days. I think that everyone would agree that it happens sooner than that, but even 30 days really is not all that bad.

Really too bad that we are all spread all over the country as it would be nice to all get together for a BBQ and a cold one on me!

Scott
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can almost taste these approvals coming in for us. I can't tell you the feeling that I got when I dialed my brothers number and heard "this application has been approved".

I was so shocked that I used the automated system 3 times before I could believe that it was for real. About 2 weeks ago I had mis-dialed the number and thought that I had been approved. So, I wanted to be really extra careful.

Once I was sure...I woke up everyone and told them the good news.

The BBQ party sounds nice. The really good this is that you know that all of us are going to be truly happy for each other and that is what counts.

Come on NSC!!!

Rohit
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:56 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rohit - Just got off the phone with Nebraska, I am with you:)

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
I talked to the guy for quite a while about how long it might take from here. He answer was what I have always felt to be the truth. "It really depends on how many others are in the pile at the inspectors desk". Not a direct qoute but something like that. However, he did say that it is always a goal to get them done within 30 days. I think that everyone would agree that it happens sooner than that, but even 30 days really is not all that bad.

Really too bad that we are all spread all over the country as it would be nice to all get together for a BBQ and a cold one on me!

Scott
Hi Scott,
They use those white opaque cardboard(ish) square bins you see at the Post Office to move cases from the file room to the officer's desks. Around 25 cases usually fit into one of those bins. Of course, they might deliver more than one bin to an officer as they can fit a number of bins on the hand trucks/dolly that the contract worker uses to take cases to an officer.

30 days is what I've always been told by the Service Center Directors (CSC, NSC, TSC and VSC, "not" MSC) as the amount of time they allow their officer (in an I-129f case) to approve, deny or issue an RFE for the I-129f petition. I was told by the Ombudsman at the CSC that this is 30 business days.

Too bad they don't issue fresh reports every single day as to the notice date of the last case taken off of the shelf. But I guess reports twice a month is better than only once a month or less frequently.

The Bar-B-Q idea would be fun. If you ever find yourself in Lincoln, NE., you have to go to Lazlos. It’s only a couple of blocks from the NSC (710 P Street… and there is a pretty good deli right across the street from the NSC too) and their Voodoo Chicken is to die for (pretty good micro-brew too).

M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Apr 23rd 2003 at 7:01 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

mikkitango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You HAVE to be soon!!

Scott and Rohit - you both HAVE to get your approvals very soon!! We're all so close together in time of 1st NOA and I've followed so many posts from both of you that I feel like we're really in this together and I'm really looking forward to your approvals!! Nevanna is right in there too with a December 16 date if I remember right. Would be SO cool if we all got approved this week! I know there are lots of other Decembers out there but I'm not recalling names - of course I want approvals for everyone!!! May your files be on TOP of the piles!! )

Mikki
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Mikki And, yay Scott! I am calling NSC tomorrow morning. The last time I called was on Monday, but it was shortly after they opened, around 9am, so maybe ours lost some dustballs and moved that day. I will let you all know and thanks for keeping us up to date
Old Apr 24th 2003, 1:44 am
Just Joined

fivehead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scott you will hear something soon.

Scott,
I heard the same from NSC, 2 weeks ago and I was approved on Monday. Our cases are not that far appart, I know you will hear something SOON! Keep the faith Dude, It's coming.
Your pal Dave.

I fly out of Seattle on May 19th to see my baby and help her get ready for the next leg of this crule process.

1st NOA 12/9/02

2nd NOA 4/19/03
On to NVC
Then on to Guangzhou (the Nebraska of China)
Old Apr 24th 2003, 3:43 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave,

Do you live in the Seattle area? I thought that I was the only one If so, we can hook up and do some fishing on my boat this summer...

Scott