Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

RIR cases transferred to Dallas? What next?

RIR cases transferred to Dallas? What next?

Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

zico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RIR cases transferred to Dallas? What next?

My RIR case submitted in September 2003 was transferred from the Chicago Regional office to the Dallas Regional office because of the introduction of the PERM process. The question now is: how fast are they going to process cases in Dallas? I heard they are not distinguishing between RIR and regular Labor cert cases. The website shows they are still working in January 2003 cases. This is just a f--ked up system...to say the least. God damn them all.

Plz share any info you might know about this f--ked up situation.

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:53 pm
Dee

deepasunil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RIR cases transferred to Dallas? What next?

How did you know that your case was transferred to Dallas BEC ? Did your lawyer receive a letter or did you just assume ?
This is what I read -->
The BECs have stated that they plan to allow and process RIR and regular cases on two different tracks, with RIR cases having an edge. So that should be helpful for those who filed as RIR cases.
And one more thing , the website says that Dallas is processing Jan 2003 cases . These dates have nothing to do with the BEC dates .

Originally Posted by zico
My RIR case submitted in September 2003 was transferred from the Chicago Regional office to the Dallas Regional office because of the introduction of the PERM process. The question now is: how fast are they going to process cases in Dallas? I heard they are not distinguishing between RIR and regular Labor cert cases. The website shows they are still working in January 2003 cases. This is just a f--ked up system...to say the least. God damn them all.

Plz share any info you might know about this f--ked up situation.

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2005, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

zico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RIR cases transferred to Dallas? What next?

Deep,
I actually called the Chicago DOL, and they told me they transferred all files to the Dallas office. Then, I called my lawyer and he's the one that told me that they are not differentiating between RIR and regular cases. Also, the Chicago office mentioned something about a 45-day letter that the Dallas office should issue. When I called the Dallas office to inquire, she told me that they can only speak to my lawyer or employer.
Where did you get your info? And what does BEC mean? Does it mean Backlog Reduction Centers? If so, which BEC did your file go to or supposed to go to?

Thanks....

Originally Posted by deepasunil
How did you know that your case was transferred to Dallas BEC ? Did your lawyer receive a letter or did you just assume ?
This is what I read -->
The BECs have stated that they plan to allow and process RIR and regular cases on two different tracks, with RIR cases having an edge. So that should be helpful for those who filed as RIR cases.
And one more thing , the website says that Dallas is processing Jan 2003 cases . These dates have nothing to do with the BEC dates .

Last edited by zico; Jan 28th 2005 at 3:39 pm.