Retirement Visa

Old Mar 21st 2004, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Retirement Visa

Is there still a retirement visa to the USA? Never see it mentioned anymore!
Old Mar 21st 2004, 2:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retirement Visa

Originally posted by brisca
NO!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:48 am
Just Joined

vsaumarez is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw this subject recently on another forum. I felt compelled to answer but didn't because I couldn't remember my source. However, answers like "NO!" as per your previous respondent are usually by cock sure know-it-alls who quite often are wrong. As a glimmer of hope I did very recently see an ad somewhere for retirements visas to the US. I did not follow it up so cannot vouch for its authenticity. However, it would seem strange to have something like that in a paper or web site that had absolutely no claim to some truth or validity. However, what may be entitled "retirement" visa could possibly be cloaked in compromises of one kind or another.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by vsaumarez
I saw this subject recently on another forum. I felt compelled to answer but didn't because I couldn't remember my source. However, answers like "NO!" as per your previous respondent are usually by cock sure know-it-alls who quite often are wrong. As a glimmer of hope I did very recently see an ad somewhere for retirements visas to the US. I did not follow it up so cannot vouch for its authenticity. However, it would seem strange to have something like that in a paper or web site that had absolutely no claim to some truth or validity. However, what may be entitled "retirement" visa could possibly be cloaked in compromises of one kind or another.
Perhaps you can't read properly....and read it wrong..but you surely can type a lot and say nothing of use:
Read my lips Moron...There ain't no retirement visa for the USA

But there is for Australia, Indonesia, and Thailand..
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:02 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Ray. What are you doing answering yes or no questions with a simple yes or no?

To the OP:

If Ray6 says there are no retirement visas, believe me there are no retirement visas. He is a very old, very rich, white male. He is a professional retired person (he lives in Florida for Christ's sake). He has been retired since before he ever went to work. Look in the dictionary next to retired and there is a picture of Ray.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:17 pm
Ray

Originally posted by Leslie66
Yeah, Ray. What are you doing answering yes or no questions with a simple yes or no?

To the OP:

If Ray6 says there are no retirement visas, believe me there are no retirement visas. He is a very old, very rich, white male. He is a professional retired person (he lives in Florida for Christ's sake). He has been retired since before he ever went to work. Look in the dictionary next to retired and there is a picture of Ray.
Umm the youngish wild haired texas lady got 4 word right
Ray6, old, retired, Florida... The rest.. NO
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

I wonder what the missing words might be ...monosyllabic, neanderthal, some along those lines!

Originally posted by ray6
Umm the youngish wild haired texas lady got 4 word right
Ray6, old, retired, Florida... The rest.. NO
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:32 pm
Ray

I wonder what the missing words might be ...monosyllabic, neanderthal, some along those lines!
Or you could have added the words "but right" ... would have made you seem less of a poor loser....
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Or you could have added the words "but right" ... would have made you seem less of a poor loser....
never a dull day on useret eh fellas?
Old Mar 29th 2004, 3:13 pm
Ray

Originally posted by manc1976
never a dull day on useret eh fellas?
Hi Manc ..get back to your own section and keep them in order ... vsaumarez and I are having fun...
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:01 am
Just Joined

The question is not about who is right or wrong, but about how to behave. When another person asked a similar question on this forum, this is what you said:

"Hi Rob.... Unlike Australia and a few other countries there are no retirement visa's available for the USA. If you intend to buy property in Florida you will be able to visit it with a B-2 visa for a 6 month period every year.. many retired UK citizens do." ray6 Oct 6 2003 3:35

Now compare this to your other reply, which was....."NO!" ray6 Mar 21 2004

Which do your think was the more useful answer, and why have you given two such contrasting answers to a similar question?

Lets get down to brass tacks:
1) Capitalised words are the equivalent to shouting. Tell me, if that person had asked the same question to your face, would you have replied in the same manner?
2) Civility is the glue that holds society together ...without it we'd all be at each other's throats.
3) Forums are about the exchange of information, and the same civility rules apply to encourage this exchange.
4) Some people may be new to forums, and more experienced users should therefore be more sensitive to their needs.

I hope this puts accross my point, and that it puts an end to the matter.

Hi Manc ..get back to your own section and keep them in order ... vsaumarez and I are having fun... [/QUOTE]
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the reponses. It would have been more helpful if a brief explanation followed rather than just "No" however I guess it was clear, concise and to the point. If you have answered this question numerous times over the years I suppose you get a bit fed up.
Thanks anyway
Old Mar 30th 2004, 7:24 pm
Ray

Thanks for all the reponses. It would have been more helpful if a brief explanation followed rather than just "No" however I guess it was clear, concise and to the point. If you have answered this question numerous times over the years I suppose you get a bit fed up.
Thanks anyway
LOL..Well your right there...it has come up many times. Too my mind you asked a simple question, and got a clear and concise answer.