Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

To Rete Folkysina and others I-751

To Rete Folkysina and others I-751

Old Sep 6th 2003, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

histamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Rete Folkysina and others I-751

I know this topic has been brought by mnay of us who have filed I-751 jointly. Say couple file it jointly and then they separate, and the alien moves to another state and get a job and start a new life.

2 questions:

1. If there is no legal separation should the alien inform the BCIS?

2. When the time comes for N-400 (after conditions are removed and 5 yrs have elapsed since AOS), BCIS will know that though the divorce was post I-751 approval but the alien worked and paid taxes and lived in a different state(N-400 requires 5 yrs tax returns and all the addressess alien stayed during the last 5 yeras) when the I-751 was pending. How will this affect alien's N-400 application?

3. Non BCIS question- does marraige counseling helps and how much does it cost?
Old Sep 7th 2003, 3:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Rete Folkysina and others I-751

Sorry but I don't know the answers to those questions. Will be interested to see what others have to say though.

Rete

Originally posted by histamine
I know this topic has been brought by mnay of us who have filed I-751 jointly. Say couple file it jointly and then they separate, and the alien moves to another state and get a job and start a new life.

2 questions:

1. If there is no legal separation should the alien inform the BCIS?

2. When the time comes for N-400 (after conditions are removed and 5 yrs have elapsed since AOS), BCIS will know that though the divorce was post I-751 approval but the alien worked and paid taxes and lived in a different state(N-400 requires 5 yrs tax returns and all the addressess alien stayed during the last 5 yeras) when the I-751 was pending. How will this affect alien's N-400 application?

3. Non BCIS question- does marraige counseling helps and how much does it cost?
Old Sep 7th 2003, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Default Re

Thanks Rete for trying. I hope some one can answer these questions particularly question 2. Anyone please?

By the way Rete, if ur huband gets interview done on dec 1 and I -751 is not approved until then can he not ask the interiewer to adjudicate the I-751 at that time? He must have submitted all the proofs and evidence withhis N-400 file anyway.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW Folinskyinla won't respond if you directly pose him a question. He's a lawyer but he's not your lawyer. (I sound just like him! :P) Just FYI so you don't expect his answer.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 4:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re

Originally posted by histamine
Thanks Rete for trying. I hope some one can answer these questions particularly question 2. Anyone please?

By the way Rete, if ur huband gets interview done on dec 1 and I -751 is not approved until then can he not ask the interiewer to adjudicate the I-751 at that time? He must have submitted all the proofs and evidence withhis N-400 file anyway.
I believe that is NOT possible. In order to adjudicate the I-751, they need the original paperwork from VSC along with our original file which VSC also needs in order to adjudicate the I-751. You know, the normal Catch-22 Situation.

So either we will be at a stalemate and lost in the system due to incompleteness and we will not hear from BCIS re N-400 until there is a month of full moons.

Rete
Old Sep 11th 2003, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Default question

can anyone answer my question 2

please scroll above and see