Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Rete: Decision on a poster that filed I-751waiver

Rete: Decision on a poster that filed I-751waiver

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Default Rete: Decision on a poster that filed I-751waiver

Rete:

I was doing a search in regards to I-751 waiver interviews and found the following post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=I751+waiver

Do you know if this guy was ever approved?
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rete: Decision on a poster that filed I-751waiver

Originally posted by AGUILA
Rete:

I was doing a search in regards to I-751 waiver interviews and found the following post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=I751+waiver

Do you know if this guy was ever approved?

Sorry, don't remember Tony coming back with the decision. Perhaps by the time he got it, he forgot about us.

Also did a search as well as looked at the I-751 experience pages, nothing there either.

Rete
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:20 am
Just Joined

bluetee is an unknown quantity at this point

aguila, why don't you email him and ask?
[email protected]

unless you already did.
and let us know what you find out, please!

I still want to know if anyone's 751 actually gets denied. i have yet to hear of an actual case of this. i'm sure it does happen but i wonder if it only happens in cases of really obvious fraud.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by bluetee
aguila, why don't you email him and ask?
[email protected]

unless you already did.
and let us know what you find out, please!

I still want to know if anyone's 751 actually gets denied. i have yet to hear of an actual case of this. i'm sure it does happen but i wonder if it only happens in cases of really obvious fraud.
bluetee:

Where did you get his email address? I have read cases that were denied and taken to appeals either through the BIA or through Federal Courts.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Rete
Sorry, don't remember Tony coming back with the decision. Perhaps by the time he got it, he forgot about us.

Also did a search as well as looked at the I-751 experience pages, nothing there either.

Rete
Rete;

Thank you for your kind response. Usually if they don't approve you at the interview in this case, is because they will deny you and you something on the mail correct? At the I-751 interview there no more prending background checks, so pretty much the officer has to make up his/her mind that day...

There was another poster, EOIN, who said was approved recently but did not provide details about what quesitons were asked. I tried to retreive his posts but I was unable to do so.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:34 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

bluetee:

Where did you get his email address? I have read cases that were denied and taken to appeals either through the BIA or through Federal Courts.

Simple if you read through the responses, when someone quotes him, since he used usenet to post through, his e-mail address is highlighted in the quoted portion of the response.

He also used [email protected]

Rete
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Simple if you read through the responses, when someone quotes him, since he used usenet to post through, his e-mail address is highlighted in the quoted portion of the response.

He also used [email protected]

Rete
He just emailed me back, and told me that he did not get approved and is now waiting for a Court Date.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:42 am
Concierge

He just emailed me back, and told me that he did not get approved and is now waiting for a Court Date.

Wow a long wait. He had the interview on March 19, 2002; over two years ago. At least he still has a chance.

Thanks for letting us know.

Rete
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:50 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Holy cow! What's taking so long?
I wish him and you nothing but the very best!!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow a long wait. He had the interview on March 19, 2002; over two years ago. At least he still has a chance.

Thanks for letting us know.

Rete
Yep that is a very long time......, also another guy from another site who had an I-751 jointly filed got approved today from VSC, he filed on 10/02... his cases was complicated though because his marriage got annulled but he did not disclose this to USCIS, he never filed waiver petition, and got approved on the joint-one without interview. I guess he will never be able to file for naturalization...
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:12 am
Just Joined

bluetee is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, thanks aguila. that's a reality check. I can't believe it took so long.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bluetee
wow, thanks aguila. that's a reality check. I can't believe it took so long.
This is something that Tony has wrote to me on his email:

"I don't remember much about the interview - it was a few years ago now.
I had documentation, but not much beyond what they saw at the I-485
interview. Both interviews were in Baltimore.

It took about a year to get a response, so the [incompetent] attorney I
retained filed a Motion to Reopen with some additional information. That
too was denied after a year, and ultimately I received a Notice to
Appear in July 2003. I had a calendar hearing in September last year,
and my merit hearing was a month ago. My ex-wife apparently worked at
the court, and so the trial was put off and moved to Arlington, VA. I
have to wait for a new calendar hearing.

I'm still allowed to work, while all this is going on, but I can't
travel outside the US.

The attorney I have now is much better than the first one I hired. The
cost of this case is $5,000.

Right now I'm just waiting for the next step.

Tony"
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:43 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

This is something that Tony has wrote to me on his email:

"I don't remember much about the interview - it was a few years ago now.
I had documentation, but not much beyond what they saw at the I-485
interview. Both interviews were in Baltimore.

It took about a year to get a response, so the [incompetent] attorney I
retained filed a Motion to Reopen with some additional information. That
too was denied after a year, and ultimately I received a Notice to
Appear in July 2003. I had a calendar hearing in September last year,
and my merit hearing was a month ago. My ex-wife apparently worked at
the court, and so the trial was put off and moved to Arlington, VA. I
have to wait for a new calendar hearing.

I'm still allowed to work, while all this is going on, but I can't
travel outside the US.

The attorney I have now is much better than the first one I hired. The
cost of this case is $5,000.

Right now I'm just waiting for the next step.

Tony"

5000??
Good Luck!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
5000??
Good Luck!!!
Every case is different though, he got separated from his wife soon after he got his conditional green card, in my case, I even got to file I-751 jointly and waited for 14 months for its adjudication until divorce was final... we were together for 2.5 years... and have plenty of documentation...
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:49 am

Every case is different though, he got separated from his wife soon after he got his conditional green card, in my case, I even got to file I-751 jointly and waited for 14 months for its adjudication until divorce was final... we were together for 2.5 years... and have plenty of documentation...

I wish you nothing but the very best!
Would you keep us updated please?, Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.