Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

REQUIREMENTS IN AN N400 INTERVIEW LETTER based on 3 year marriage to USC

REQUIREMENTS IN AN N400 INTERVIEW LETTER based on 3 year marriage to USC

Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:49 pm
Banned

Katikati will become famous soon enoughKatikati will become famous soon enough
Default REQUIREMENTS IN AN N400 INTERVIEW LETTER based on 3 year marriage to USC

Hey,
A family friend is expecting an N400 interview, based on 3 yr marriage to USC.

What evidences are typically asked for in an N400 interview letter based on USC marriage? This will help her get ready early enough.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:23 am
Just Joined

jkhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: REQUIREMENTS IN AN N400 INTERVIEW LETTER based on 3 year marriage to USC

Originally Posted by Katikati
Hey,
A family friend is expecting an N400 interview, based on 3 yr marriage to USC.

What evidences are typically asked for in an N400 interview letter based on USC marriage? This will help her get ready early enough.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
My husband's N400 interview is tomorrow in Denver. He was asked to bring the following:

Current green card
Passport showing entry(ies) to the U.S. or other relavant paperwork
Spouse's U.S. birth certificate or naturalization certificate
Marriage certificate
Proof of selective service compliance (if applicable)
All original documents submitted with the N400 application
Divorce decree and/or death certificate for prior marriage(s) (if applicable)
Military discharge papers (if applicable)

That's it. Personally, I was surprised they didn't ask for evidence of our on-going marital relationship since the I-751 was submitted. Oh well, less documents to gather.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:38 am
Banned

Katikati will become famous soon enoughKatikati will become famous soon enough
Default Re: REQUIREMENTS IN AN N400 INTERVIEW LETTER based on 3 year marriage to USC

Thanks a lot for posting.

Is it always the case that they dont ask for proof of ongoing marital relationship in the N-400 letter? The N-400 application did not ask for the proof, so shouldnt the letter ask for evidence about the marriage?

Is the N-400 addressed to the person applying for citizenship or the sponsor/the US citizen sponsoring the greencard holder for citizenship?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Quyrah_RV is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
The letter is sent to the person applying for citizenship. I go for my interview in December in Memphis, TN. As posted above, they don't ask for much to bring, but for the safe side, I'll bring my complete immigration folder that has everything in it. I'm kind of a neat freak that keeps everything well organized so a zipped folder holds everything and it's small enough to bring with me.
Best of luck

QUOTE=Katikati]Thanks a lot for posting.

Is it always the case that they dont ask for proof of ongoing marital relationship in the N-400 letter? The N-400 application did not ask for the proof, so shouldnt the letter ask for evidence about the marriage?

Is the N-400 addressed to the person applying for citizenship or the sponsor/the US citizen sponsoring the greencard holder for citizenship?[/QUOTE]