Replacement Green Card at 14

Old Nov 2nd 2020, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Replacement Green Card at 14

I sent in 2 paper applications for replacement green cards for my twins on their 14th birthday (towards the end of September). When my older child turned 14 we got the biometrics appt within a month and had the new green card shortly after. That was a few years ago and obviously pre covid. I haven't received any receipt notices for these applications (does say they should be received within 30 days) so there doesn't seem to be a way to check them online? I did them promptly to avoid the hefty fee that you get if you miss the window. Any ideas on how I can see if they are in a line to be processed? The checks haven't been cashed for the biometrics. I sent them with proof of delivery, so know they were received.
Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Replacement Green Card at 14

call them up...
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I tried but without a receipt number you cant find anything out. I've emailed the lockbox...

Last edited by mum 2 3; Nov 2nd 2020 at 11:21 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mum 2 3
I tried but without a receipt number you cant find anything out. I've emailed the lockbox...
something not right... try make infopass appointment..
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 1:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you use a trackable method when you mailed the applications, and if so, did they arrive?

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2020, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Yes I used certified and it says they were delivered Oct 1st
Old Nov 9th 2020, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Receipt notices received today (priority date 10/1) and they had set up online accounts for them both. Hopefully all moving forward ok, just at a slower pace, which is to be expected.
Thought I'd let anyone else waiting know.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Great news! You should hopefully receive your biometrics appointment soon. Mine arrived in less than a week after the receipt notice, but that was
some years ago...
Old Nov 11th 2020, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

yes, may be a bit longer than that. It says online they should get to it in 6 months...
Old Jan 15th 2021, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Update
We went for biometrics on Dec 16th, on Dec 17th one of the twins got an update on their account. I checked and it said biometrics booked. I waited for the letter and it had another biometrics appointment scheduled for Jan 8th. I called and eventually got a person who said we have to attend. I explained we had just attended one 2 weeks prior but she said if we didn't go then we would be abandoning the process. We attended. The next day his case updated to green card approved. The new green card for that child arrived today, one week after his biometrics. His twin brother (who attended the first biometrics in December) status says it is being reviewed and should get a reply in 3 months...
Old Jan 15th 2021, 7:02 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mum 2 3
Update
We went for biometrics on Dec 16th, on Dec 17th one of the twins got an update on their account. I checked and it said biometrics booked. I waited for the letter and it had another biometrics appointment scheduled for Jan 8th. I called and eventually got a person who said we have to attend. I explained we had just attended one 2 weeks prior but she said if we didn't go then we would be abandoning the process. We attended. The next day his case updated to green card approved. The new green card for that child arrived today, one week after his biometrics. His twin brother (who attended the first biometrics in December) status says it is being reviewed and should get a reply in 3 months...
Do not expect the cases to be handled in identical fashion.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Do not expect the cases to be handled in identical fashion.
I can second this. Although not a green card (ours is still pending), for I-131 travel permit my and my wife’s document got approved in December but our one-year old daughter’s still pending. We will be renewing my L-1A in the meantime as I have no faith that my daughter’s will come through anytime soon.