Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

removing of conditions needed but now filing divorce

removing of conditions needed but now filing divorce

Old Aug 4th 2010, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removing of conditions needed but now filing divorce

Originally Posted by mdnaples2010
yes i know i dont need it to get divorced but i will for alamony so the chances of me getting it before divorce is slim unless i find it in the house...
You can write the alimony request into the divorce papers and have it take effect at any time after the divorce is final. At any rate, you can ask for alimony whether or not you have the I-864 in your hand... you've said that he took everything and you have nothing.

... i know it means he wins as far as getting off light but i would rather be safe than have to deal with his anger.
As you wish... but the court system and your attorney are there to protect you.

Anyway, good luck to you!

Ian
Old Aug 4th 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
http://fcc.gov/foia/

Keep in mind that it could take a very long time to get a response from them. Continue doing what you need to do in the meantime, to get your case going.

Rene
We submitted a FOIA request to USCIS in February and received the information approx 8 weeks later.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orangepants
We submitted a FOIA request to USCIS in February and received the information approx 8 weeks later.
Thanks! Good to know. I thought it took much longer.

Rene