Remove Conditions

Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:45 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remove Conditions

Ok, I know this has been mentioned a million times, but I can't seem to remember (especially since it didn't apply to me): Do you remove conditions after 2 years of marriage, or after 2 years of having the conditional green card approved?

*Edit* A foreign friend of mine seems to think it's 2 years after marriage, but another foreign friend and I think it's 2 years after receiving the conditional green card, so I want to verify who's right.

Last edited by Steffi; Jun 10th 2007 at 4:50 am.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remove Conditions

Originally Posted by Steffi
Ok, I know this has been mentioned a million times, but I can't seem to remember (especially since it didn't apply to me): Do you remove conditions after 2 years of marriage, or after 2 years of having the conditional green card approved?

*Edit* A foreign friend of mine seems to think it's 2 years after marriage, but another foreign friend and I think it's 2 years after receiving the conditional green card, so I want to verify who's right.
You are right Steffi. They can file the I-751 to remove conditions, during the 90 day window just before the 2-year green card expires. It's not related to the length of the marriage at all.

Rene
Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:10 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi

hi Steffi!

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?
http://tinyurl.com/32he6z

You and your spouse must apply together to remove the conditions on your residence. You should apply during the 90 days before your second anniversary as a conditional resident. The expiration date on your alien registration card (commonly know as green card) is also the date of your second anniversary as a conditional resident. If you do not apply to remove the conditions in time, you could lose your conditional resident status and be removed from the country.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:41 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you ladies, that is what I thought. I'll pass the message along.