Removal of conditions in Detroit

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removal of conditions in Detroit

Yesterday we (myself and my 2 sons) made the mad 600 mile round trip to Detroit to have our passports stamped, to hand in photos and to have our fingerprints taken for our 10yr cards.
All went great, we turned up @ 1:40 for 1:50 appointment, got through security (no mean feat our Liam is a punk wannabe who wears multiple chains etc.) and went and sat in waiting area as directed. We we were called I explained that I had made the Infopass app. in only my name but seeing as we had filed our I-751 jointly with my sons they were here to be processed too, guy behind the counter said that was O.K. We were asked to hand over our old greencards, explained that Liams was missing "had we filed a police report" errrr no only found out it was missing when I told him I needed it for this appointment ... no problems there. Liams letter from Nebraska had come addressed to John. L .... his middle name is John .. his surname is O'Neil so explained this and on the third attempt the guy got his name right on the printout and fingerprinting form thingie. We were told to go sit down again and only 3 mins later we were called and handed our passports with new I-551 stamp 'temp evidence of lawful admission etc and employment authorised. YAY !!! Our new greencards should be with us sometime in the next 6 months and then we're free of the INS for another 10yrs or until we/ I naturalise.

Infopass made things so easy, we were all done by 2:30 and on our way home
I'll post my I-751 timeline on Kamaya soon

Jan
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removal of conditions in Detroit

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
Yesterday we (myself and my 2 sons) made the mad 600 mile round trip to Detroit to have our passports stamped, to hand in photos and to have our fingerprints taken for our 10yr cards.
All went great, we turned up @ 1:40 for 1:50 appointment, got through security (no mean feat our Liam is a punk wannabe who wears multiple chains etc.) and went and sat in waiting area as directed. We we were called I explained that I had made the Infopass app. in only my name but seeing as we had filed our I-751 jointly with my sons they were here to be processed too, guy behind the counter said that was O.K. We were asked to hand over our old greencards, explained that Liams was missing "had we filed a police report" errrr no only found out it was missing when I told him I needed it for this appointment ... no problems there. Liams letter from Nebraska had come addressed to John. L .... his middle name is John .. his surname is O'Neil so explained this and on the third attempt the guy got his name right on the printout and fingerprinting form thingie. We were told to go sit down again and only 3 mins later we were called and handed our passports with new I-551 stamp 'temp evidence of lawful admission etc and employment authorised. YAY !!! Our new greencards should be with us sometime in the next 6 months and then we're free of the INS for another 10yrs or until we/ I naturalise.

Infopass made things so easy, we were all done by 2:30 and on our way home
I'll post my I-751 timeline on Kamaya soon

Jan
That sounds easy. So, where can I sign up for this info pass thing? We're in Portland and probably won't get an appt until a few months from now, as we JUST got the letter stating our application was received and that it might be year before it is processed, etc etc. But it's good to plan ahead!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beyness
That sounds easy. So, where can I sign up for this info pass thing? We're in Portland and probably won't get an appt until a few months from now, as we JUST got the letter stating our application was received and that it might be year before it is processed, etc etc. But it's good to plan ahead!
You can make an appointment via Infopass at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 5:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Which Portland are you in?
We're in Oregon & filed in Oct 04--- still waiting
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

You have to wait until you get your Notice of removal of coditional basis of lawful permanant residence .. which then instructs you to make an appointment (we made ours for 3 days after my sons received their notices). I seem to remember getting the letter stating that our app was received back in Feb / March so hopefully you may hear from them in the next month or so.

Good Luck

Jan
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 4:19 am
Uprooted Canuck

StuartMI is an unknown quantity at this point

Jan,

Where are you from? You must be a yooooper! :-D

I have my NATZ interview on Monday in DTW.. Hope all goes well.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by StuartMI
Jan,

Where are you from? You must be a yooooper! :-D

I have my NATZ interview on Monday in DTW.. Hope all goes well.
Stuart we live near Harbor Springs, about 40miles south of the bridge.
Good Luck for your interview on monday ... let us know how it goes please

Jan
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 3:51 pm
Uprooted Canuck

StuartMI is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
Stuart we live near Harbor Springs, about 40miles south of the bridge.
Good Luck for your interview on monday ... let us know how it goes please

Jan
I will for sure! Wow, heck of a drive, but such a *beautiful* area that you live in up there!