Removal of Conditional Status

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 8:20 pm
David Djajaputr

Default Removal of Conditional Status

Hi all,

The 2-year anniversary of my conditional GC is coming up (I received my GC on Dec
2000) and I have to start worrying about doing the paperwork for the removal of the
conditional status... Could anyone with a fresh (or not so fresh) experience in this
matter kindly give me an outline on what forms I have to submit, what process I (and
my USC wife) have to go through, and the corresponding timeline for the process? Any
help is greatly appreciated!

I also have a question about change of address. I recently moved to a different city
(new job). My wife is still staying in our old address. No relationship problem or
anything just the fact that my new job is located in a different city so I have to
move there and live separately from my wife who wants to keep her job for the time
being. My question
is: Do I have to notify INS of my change of address? I still can get mail at my old
address because my wife is still there. If I have to notify them, how should I do
it? Just send a regular letter or do I have to use a specific form? And where
should I send it, the branch where I received my GC from (Pittsburgh) or some
other place?

Much thanks!

David

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 8:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal of Conditional Status

At the time of your adjustment in Pittsburgh you would have been told that you have to file for removal of conditions 90 days prior to the expiration of your two year conditional green card. They have also told you to file form I-751. If you go to the INS website you can d/l the entire form and instructions. They are quite explicit on what evidence is needed to be submitted with the form. We filed in May and received our first notice of action extending the 2 year card by another year while it is being process. You will be filing, as we did, with Vermont Service Center.

You can see experiences for various I-751 filings at:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html
Old Jun 23rd 2002, 9:20 pm
Ranjini

Default Re: Removal of Conditional Status

Go to my "removal of conditions" webpage at:
http://www.geocities.com/ranjini_m/r...onditions.html You will find all the
information you need, including useful links. If you still receive mail at where your
wife lives, my suggestion is that you leave it at that. I wouldn't want to create any
additional confusion here, if I were you. Hope this helps, Ranjini

"David Djajaputra" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > The 2-year anniversary of my conditional GC is coming up (I received my GC on Dec
    > 2000) and I have to start worrying about doing the paperwork for the removal of the
    > conditional status... Could anyone with a fresh (or not so fresh) experience in
    > this matter kindly give me an outline on what forms I have to submit, what process
    > I (and my USC wife) have to go through, and the corresponding timeline for the
    > process? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    >
    > I also have a question about change of address. I recently moved to a different
    > city (new job). My wife is still staying in our old address. No relationship
    > problem or anything just the fact that my new job is located in a different city
    > so I have to move there and live separately from my wife who wants to keep her job
    > for the time being. My question
    > is: Do I have to notify INS of my change of address? I still can get mail at my old
    > address because my wife is still there. If I have to notify them, how should I
    > do it? Just send a regular letter or do I have to use a specific form? And
    > where should I send it, the branch where I received my GC from (Pittsburgh) or
    > some other place?
    >
    > Much thanks!
    >
    > David
    >