Mark Trott

Default Reminder of Fee Changes

I just thought I would post a reminder that the fee schedules changed for
application filing back in Aug 2004, but the online forms (I-130) have not
been updated. I sent in my I-130 to NSC for my step-children and was
received at NSC on 5/2/05. I kept waiting for 1st NOA or checks cashed and
received "it" (rejection due to funds shortage) on 5/28, along with
everything I had sent in for processing. I had forgotten about the fee
change and in my haste to get the process started, had sent in the old $130.

The good news (I guess) is that they have been transferred to CSC from
Nebraska and was sent back to CSC. They had it back in their hands on 6/1
with the proper $185 fees. Now we are back to the waiting game.

Thought I would remind anyone that may be close to starting the process in
the hopes that they might save a few weeks by not repeating my same mistake.

Thanks
Mark

Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reminder of Fee Changes

So now you're on your way .. don't forget that the I-864 is $70 and the IV fee is $380!!

Good luck.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gigiola
So now you're on your way .. don't forget that the I-864 is $70 and the IV fee is $380!!

Good luck.
There's a fee for the Affidavit of Support? This must only be for an I-130 processing, because there is no fee for the I-864 when you're doing AOS within the USA.

There is, however, a $70 biometrics fee for fingerprinting. Is this what you meant?

Rene
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future

No ... there is no fee for fingerprinting when you do CR-1/IR-1.

I may have presumed too much when thinking that it sounded like I-130s filed with the intention of consular processing, but I've seen loads of people get caught out filing 129F for spouse and then having to file I-130s for the kids later because the spouse's I-130 has already been approved and is in NVC.

Maybe they lump the fees together for AOS??
Old Jun 5th 2005, 12:38 am
Just Joined

mikookingnampyon will become famous soon enough

You made me nervous there. I have a I-130 that I downloaded online from USCIS on 5/8 and it has the correct fee of $185. It says that it was updated on 1/21/05, but I don't know if it was posted then. If you filed within the past month and referred to this doc it looks like you're ok.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 1:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

All fees are listed here....
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm