Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Rejected Twice under 214(b) for 2 year Medical Visa

Rejected Twice under 214(b) for 2 year Medical Visa

Old Sep 10th 2018, 7:04 am
Just Joined

JackLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rejected Twice under 214(b) for 2 year Medical Visa

Originally Posted by Boiler
He could file for an extension but the totality of the case has me confused.

I know someone who has serious medical issues and travels to Colorado regularly for treatment, this sounds more like a Hospice sort of situation? Not being able to leave for 2 years?
Boiler, it isnt a hospice situation, perhaps my use of words wasnt the best, Basically it is my doctor who wishes to see me every week, but after 1 year of treatment I could probably get away with lesser appointments, maximum window would still apply of three weeks to one month per appointment, but ideally he would like to see me reguarly to keep an eye.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 7:11 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackLondon
Perhaps I may have to try to become a US citizen?
Read this link for further information:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulas...rk_in_the_USA_
Old Sep 10th 2018, 11:20 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

So...with regard to ties to home. How about a job? You could work from home. It seems your computer skills are very good and you have no problem with typing quickly, expressing yourself and understanding the written word. Most office jobs require not much more than using a computer to type and possibly a phone.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 4:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I think mortage is a good idea, thanks, As for a shorter visit, Im not sure thats possible, its my doctor who said I require 2 years of treatment with appointments at weekly intervals

Right! You have as much eligibility to become a US Citizen as you have of being on the next space shuttle to the moon.

You can't work. You apparently are financially independent and don't have a need to work to finance your lifestyle and you have enough to allow you to live in the US without having to resort to finding employment to provide a roof over your head. I noted that you didn't respond to the question of the program providing you with funds / housing / etc. to participate in the experimental treatment.

You are seeking treatment for a medical issue that requires weekly visits to a doctor for a experimental program which probably isn't sanctioned by the AMA or the FDA since it is still experimental. This, in itself, could be one of the reasons why you were denied.

My daughter is dealing with cancer at the moment and even with bi-weekly chemo treatments she does not have to see a doctor on a weekly basis. Makes me wonder just what you illness or disfigurement is that requires this criteria.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 5:12 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Right! You have as much eligibility to become a US Citizen as you have of being on the next space shuttle to the moon.

You can't work. You apparently are financially independent and don't have a need to work to finance your lifestyle and you have enough to allow you to live in the US without having to resort to finding employment to provide a roof over your head. I noted that you didn't respond to the question of the program providing you with funds / housing / etc. to participate in the experimental treatment.

You are seeking treatment for a medical issue that requires weekly visits to a doctor for a experimental program which probably isn't sanctioned by the AMA or the FDA since it is still experimental. This, in itself, could be one of the reasons why you were denied.

My daughter is dealing with cancer at the moment and even with bi-weekly chemo treatments she does not have to see a doctor on a weekly basis. Makes me wonder just what you illness or disfigurement is that requires this criteria.
Given the cost of medical treatment in the US maybe he has enough funds to buy a green card under the EB-5 program. I randomly got an LinkedIn message 2 weeks ago about an EB-5 that “invests” in medical technology rather than real estate....

The $500k is probably a lot less than the cost of the medical treatment.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 8:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Boiler, it isnt a hospice situation, perhaps my use of words wasnt the best, Basically it is my doctor who wishes to see me every week, but after 1 year of treatment I could probably get away with lesser appointments, maximum window would still apply of three weeks to one month per appointment, but ideally he would like to see me reguarly to keep an eye.
My assumption is that the Doctor is not aware of the complexities that are caused by what he may consider normal for someone living locally.

My inclination would be for your Immigration LAwyer and Doctor to discuss what is needed meets a possible visa situation.