Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:32 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Originally Posted by sophiebrebner
We understand we will be essentially be buying Green Cards (5 in our case so it seems pretty cheap) and not to expect our money back, but it is really making sure we will get the conditions lifted. With the great Australian property boom the 500K is about half of the equity in our home so we do have a nice cushion, but it is still a big decision to make.
yes the conditions can be lifted after 2 years, providing USCIS, can see the investment is all....real, etc etc.
you have a two year condtional GC first.
good luck
Old Jul 21st 2010, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

We understand we will be essentially be buying Green Cards (5 in our case so it seems pretty cheap) and not to expect our money back, but it is really making sure we will get the conditions lifted. With the great Australian property boom the 500K is about half of the equity in our home so we do have a nice cushion, but it is still a big decision to make.
Please be aware that the USD 500k is not all you need. You will be facing Regional Center Admin fees (USD 40.000 to USD 50.000) legal fees (USD 10.000 to USD 20.000), visa and other admin fees (few thousands). This will all together be a minimum of USD 50 k but more likely in excess of USD 65k.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 1:55 am
Just Joined

AQUAMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fawny
Yes, I believe there was someone a while back, but you don't see him on here anymore. We start that process in June so I will keep you posted.
I'm back.....it has been nearly a year....but I'm back
Old Oct 7th 2010, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

roy1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in a very similar situation as you are. Have equity on my home, 4 children and plannning to make the move. However, on checking on the south dakota theory , i researched it and found the following given below.
I would like to know how you are getting along and if you have come to any conclusion on the regional center. Look forward to some advice, info etc.

:
Following our blog yesterday concerning South Korean immigrants who invested in one of the programs in South Dakota we have received a number of requests to provide further information. Given the legal nature of this report we are limited as to any further information we can give at this stage but the matter does raise a number of important issues.

We would repeat that although rare, this is not the first issue to occur with allegations by EB-5 investors. We have covered other reports and we stress the importance of talking through such issues with us prior to making an EB-5 visa decision.

As we also covered yesterday there are options that have a 100% record of success for their clients – regional centers that have had conditions removed from temporary green cards (I-829) and who have returned funds.
Read more: http://whicheb5.com/blog/tag/south-d...#ixzz11fzMtIrB
Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roy1971
I am in a very similar situation as you are. Have equity on my home, 4 children and plannning to make the move. However, on checking on the south dakota theory , i researched it and found the following given below.
I would like to know how you are getting along and if you have come to any conclusion on the regional center. Look forward to some advice, info etc.

:
Following our blog yesterday concerning South Korean immigrants who invested in one of the programs in South Dakota we have received a number of requests to provide further information. Given the legal nature of this report we are limited as to any further information we can give at this stage but the matter does raise a number of important issues.

We would repeat that although rare, this is not the first issue to occur with allegations by EB-5 investors. We have covered other reports and we stress the importance of talking through such issues with us prior to making an EB-5 visa decision.

As we also covered yesterday there are options that have a 100% record of success for their clients – regional centers that have had conditions removed from temporary green cards (I-829) and who have returned funds.
Read more: http://whicheb5.com/blog/tag/south-d...#ixzz11fzMtIrB
or read it another way ... We cannot get in on this one ...so lets say bad things about it ... See who runs that site
Old Oct 8th 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice

My friend in Sydney has told me about the great property boom and its great for you guys, but if your Auzzie financial advisor told you to invest all the equity in your house in just one foreign stock or mutual fund, would you?

It is a big risk but remember that ultimately you could lose your money and not get your conditions removed. As some one else said, you need to do your homework on a unprecedented scale. Its good to hear that your husband is flying out personally. The same can't be said for other prospective investors!
Old Oct 8th 2010, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
or read it another way ... We cannot get in on this one ...so lets say bad things about it ... See who runs that site
Thanks Ray, yes i understand what you are saying. It all gets so confusing. There is no way I can get to the US to check the regional centers out and have to rely on the net and info available. YOu dont know what to believe and what not. thanks any way
Old Oct 8th 2010, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

hi Sophie,
I am in a very similar situation , with 4 kids and similar equity. Would like to know how you are getting along and if you have made any progress and decided on a regional center. There is no way I can go to the US to check out the regional centers and will have to rely on the net and other sources of info. Would really appreciate your input . thanks
roy
Old Oct 8th 2010, 2:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ray, yes i understand what you are saying. It all gets so confusing. There is no way I can get to the US to check the regional centers out and have to rely on the net and info available. YOu dont know what to believe and what not. thanks any way
Well hopefull you would not spend that amount with coming for an inspection
Old Oct 9th 2010, 2:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way I can get to the US to check the regional centers out and have to rely on the net and info available.
Are you prohibited from visiting the US?

Ian
Old Oct 9th 2010, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Are you prohibited from visiting the US?

Ian
hi Ian

no, absolutely not, in fact i do have a B1 visa valid for the next 8 years. However, i need to come to some conclusion and narrow down the center. Its seems so confusing with all the information on hand, you dont know what to believe and what not to.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 2:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

However, i need to come to some conclusion and narrow down the center.
Fair enough! Many people would suggest that the best way to come to a conclusion is to actually visit and see what's what... up close and personal. It's a lot of money to spend based only on what you read online.

Ian
Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Fair enough! Many people would suggest that the best way to come to a conclusion is to actually visit and see what's what... up close and personal. It's a lot of money to spend based only on what you read online.

Ian
Hi Ian
thanks and appreciate your feedback. Yes, would have to plan a visit after narrowing down on a few. That too is a difficult decision. Would appreciate any piece of advice, info you may have to offer
thanks
roy
Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

the Philadelphia one looks low risk and a reasonable candidate for a short-list.

http://www.canamenterprises.com/PH_index.html
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a thread running on Unlicensed Practice of Law.

Most of the issues that come up on this board on the legal aspects are fairly well known. But when it comes to the financial investments it seems a much more case of buyer beware. UPFA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.