Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Regarding Us Diversity immigrant interview

Regarding Us Diversity immigrant interview

Old May 14th 2009, 1:20 am
Just Joined

aj_rebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regarding Us Diversity immigrant interview

hello all

luckly i got selected for us diversity lottery and my interview is scheduled on 17th of june 2009. so far i have collected all documents.

but i am not sure what i need to include in evidence of support ?

i have around 5000 pounds in my account, is it gonna be enough ???

and i also have a sponsor who filled i-134 an gave me a letter from his employer about his earning which is around 65000 $ per year.

any idea or any advise ?

i dont want to screw my interview and this chance.

thanks in advance
AJ
Old May 14th 2009, 2:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regarding Us Diversity immigrant interview

Originally Posted by aj_rebel
hello all

luckly i got selected for us diversity lottery and my interview is scheduled on 17th of june 2009. so far i have collected all documents.

and i also have a sponsor who filled i-134 an gave me a letter from his employer about his earning which is around 65000 $ per year.

any idea or any advise ?

thanks in advance
AJ
It sounds to me that between your own savings and your sponsor's affidavit of support, you should be fine.

Rene
Old May 14th 2009, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It sounds to me that between your own savings and your sponsor's affidavit of support, you should be fine.
Does he need an I-134 or I-864? He states the former, but I thought it was the latter.

Ian
Old May 14th 2009, 10:31 pm
Boston Sep 15th

starky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud of

hello all

any idea or any advise ?

thanks in advance
AJ
Sounds like your in good shape, I did not need an I-134. I did not really have much more then you in the bank to be honest.
Remember they do want to to give you the visa, they are very black and white about it. As long as you qualify and have all your supporting documentation and stump up the $800 you will be Just fine!
its actually a weird coincidence, i had my interview on the 17th of June last year!!!! let us know how you get on.
Old May 14th 2009, 10:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Does he need an I-134 or I-864? He states the former, but I thought it was the latter.

Ian
Hi Ian,

Iranians that I've known who won the DV lottery needed to present an I-134 at their interviews.

Rene
Old May 14th 2009, 11:00 pm
Boston Sep 15th

starky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Ian,

Iranians that I've known who won the DV lottery needed to present an I-134 at their interviews.

Rene
Thats actually a very good point, OP what is your country of eligibility?
Old May 14th 2009, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

aj_rebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by starky
Sounds like your in good shape, I did not need an I-134. I did not really have much more then you in the bank to be honest.
Remember they do want to to give you the visa, they are very black and white about it. As long as you qualify and have all your supporting documentation and stump up the $800 you will be Just fine!
its actually a weird coincidence, i had my interview on the 17th of June last year!!!! let us know how you get on.
starky did you apply your visa at london embassy last year ? i am kind of worried about it, because i dont want to screw this chance. can you just give me an overall idea what happened there at the day of interview. and i got selected for DV visa because i was born in saudi arabia, and my nationality is from pakistan, and right now i am studying masters in UK.
Old May 15th 2009, 12:49 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

starky did you apply your visa at london embassy last year ? i am kind of worried about it, because i dont want to screw this chance. can you just give me an overall idea what happened there at the day of interview. and i got selected for DV visa because i was born in saudi arabia, and my nationality is from pakistan, and right now i am studying masters in UK.
Based on your nationality and country of birth, you may as well get familiar with this info for post-visa interview. I haven't heard that DV applicants are not subject to Administrative Processing.
221g - Administrative Review and/or Administrative Processing

Better to be prepared.