Recieved Date or Notice Date?

Old Apr 27th 2006, 5:23 am
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of
Default Recieved Date or Notice Date?

Hey all,

I'm sure this topic has come up before but I'll ask anyway...

Applied for EAD (along with everything else), and now approaching the 90 day mark when I can get an interim EAD. Now on the NOA there is a received date' and a 'notice date', does the 90 day 'clock start' from the received date OR the notice date?

The received date is the earlier of the two dates by 3 days. Now if you're asking "what is 3 more days to wait?", well for me it means being able to start a job now if I can get the interim EAD 3 days earlier (90 days form the received date'). But if I have to wait those 3 extra days (90 days from the 'notice date') I would have to wait another 3 whole weeks before my new employer will allow me to start due to their new employee induction policies etc...

So that's my situation... 'notice date' or received date' to calculate the 90 day mark?

-Sean
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recieved Date or Notice Date?

Originally Posted by Seanus
So that's my situation... 'notice date' or received date' to calculate the 90 day mark?

-Sean
Hi Sean,

Lately, EADs are really unpredictable. Have you had your biometrics done for EAD yet? Some local office don't even start counting until you have those done. Or, they "stop the clock" between the NOA date (either one) and the biometrics date.

I understand you're anxious to work...but personally I'd probably wait until the latter of the 2 dates passes, before inquiring in person. Even then, I don't know what your local office will tell you. I actually haven't seen anyone in the forum receive an interim EAD in a long time.

I actually don't think there's a hard and fast rule about which date is the "right" one for counting the 90 days.

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:14 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Sean,

Lately, EADs are really unpredictable. Have you had your biometrics done for EAD yet? Some local office don't even start counting until you have those done. Or, they "stop the clock" between the NOA date (either one) and the biometrics date.

I understand you're anxious to work...but personally I'd probably wait until the latter of the 2 dates passes, before inquiring in person. Even then, I don't know what your local office will tell you. I actually haven't seen anyone in the forum receive an interim EAD in a long time.

I actually don't think there's a hard and fast rule about which date is the "right" one for counting the 90 days.

Rene

Thanks for your input Reneeee
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hoohay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I recently renewed my EAD and was approaching the 90 days without having received the new one.

In my case the difference btw Received Date and Notice Date was 1 week. I called the 1-800-... and they told me that the Received Date was the good one to count the 90 days (as long as I had my biometrics taken). I was at home in leave of absence from work, so one week more or less was a big thing for me (work projects going on, I was fearing that I could lose my job), so I was planning on going the 90 days after the received date.

I finally received the EAD before the 90 days so no need to go for an interim one.

I wish the same thing happens to you. If it doesn't and the three days make a big difference for you, give it a try.

Good luck!

Hoohay