Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Received receipt from filing form I-751

Received receipt from filing form I-751

Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:02 am
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough
Default Received receipt from filing form I-751

Just received a receipt from filing form I-751 for Removal of Conditions.

It states that my Alien Card is extended 12 months - Employment and Travel Authorized. Processing my form will require a minimum of 120 days. If I have not heard from them within six (6) months, then I may contact their office.

Anyone else been through the stage that I am at now? This year will be our 4th Wedding Anniversary since coming to the USA on my Fiance Visa in 2002.

Hmmm....... what happens now then? lol *flaps around the room*
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received receipt from filing form I-751

Originally Posted by Joanne Knight

It states that my Alien Card is extended 12 months - Employment and Travel Authorized. Processing my form will require a minimum of 120 days. If I have not heard from them within six (6) months, then I may contact their office.

Anyone else been through the stage that I am at now? This year will be our 4th Wedding Anniversary since coming to the USA on my Fiance Visa in 2002.

What happens now? You wait for them to send you a letter saying your conditions were successfully removed, or to call you for an interview. In the meantime, if you need to travel or show work authorization, you show your GC + that letter.

Lately most people seem to be getting approved within a few months. It used to take over a year and they had to go get further extensions, etc. But now it doesn't seem to be an issue. So just sit back and wait some more!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hcj1440
What happens now? You wait for them to send you a letter saying your conditions were successfully removed, or to call you for an interview. In the meantime, if you need to travel or show work authorization, you show your GC + that letter.

Lately most people seem to be getting approved within a few months. It used to take over a year and they had to go get further extensions, etc. But now it doesn't seem to be an issue. So just sit back and wait some more!
It also seems that lately some people get a letter asking them to return the original 2-year GC. Some people get a letter asking them to go in person and to bring 2 passport photos. Some people are getting letters that say to return 2 passport photos by mail.

I guess the actual next step is to wait and see what kind of letter you get.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:54 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It also seems that lately some people get a letter asking them to return the original 2-year GC. Some people get a letter asking them to go in person and to bring 2 passport photos. Some people are getting letters that say to return 2 passport photos by mail.

I guess the actual next step is to wait and see what kind of letter you get.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thanks for both of your replies. Very much appreciated
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:04 pm
TheBritinAlabama

> > It also seems that lately some people get a letter asking them to
    > > return the original 2-year GC. Some people get a letter asking them
    > > to go in person and to bring 2 passport photos. Some people are
    > > getting letters that say to return 2 passport photos by mail.
    > > I guess the actual next step is to wait and see what kind of letter
    > > you get. :)
    > > Best Wishes,
    > > Rene
    > Thanks for both of your replies. Very much appreciated :)
    > --

Hi Joanne,
went through this experience in May '04. We were called for an interview
in Atlanta, 13 months after 2yr gc expired (1 month after extension),
which was last June '05. Immigration officer told us that all marriage
based applications have to be interviewed. Would you believe the guy who
interviewed us could hardly speak english. Make sure you tell them that
you came in with fiance visa because they dont seem to know what
processes you have already been through. Also take joint financial stuff
with you that is up to date and not just what was sent in with the
application (12-16 months old).
You should get your 10yr card about 2 months after the interview,
starting from that date.
Hope this helps.

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:27 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Originally Posted by TheBritinAlabama
    > > It also seems that lately some people get a letter asking them to
    > > return the original 2-year GC. Some people get a letter asking them
    > > to go in person and to bring 2 passport photos. Some people are
    > > getting letters that say to return 2 passport photos by mail.
    > > I guess the actual next step is to wait and see what kind of letter
    > > you get.
    > > Best Wishes,
    > > Rene
    > Thanks for both of your replies. Very much appreciated
    > --

Hi Joanne,
went through this experience in May '04. We were called for an interview
in Atlanta, 13 months after 2yr gc expired (1 month after extension),
which was last June '05. Immigration officer told us that all marriage
based applications have to be interviewed. Would you believe the guy who
interviewed us could hardly speak english. Make sure you tell them that
you came in with fiance visa because they dont seem to know what
processes you have already been through. Also take joint financial stuff
with you that is up to date and not just what was sent in with the
application (12-16 months old).
You should get your 10yr card about 2 months after the interview,
starting from that date.
Hope this helps.

--

Thank you all. TheBritinAlabama, and to Rene, and hcj1440.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Hi TheBritinAlabama,
What is your timeline?
I've never heard that ALL married couples are being intrviewed for their I-751, is that true guys?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
Hi TheBritinAlabama,
What is your timeline?
I've never heard that ALL married couples are being intrviewed for their I-751, is that true guys?
Hi curiousmelon,

I have not heard of this either.

Rene
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:22 am
TheBritinAlabama

> > > > It also seems that lately some people get a letter asking them
    > > > > to
    > > > > return the original 2-year GC. Some people get a letter asking
    > > > > them
    > > > > to go in person and to bring 2 passport photos. Some people are
    > > > > getting letters that say to return 2 passport photos by mail.
    > > > > I guess the actual next step is to wait and see what kind of
    > > > > letter
    > > > > you get. :)
    > > > > Best Wishes,
    > > > > Rene
    > > > Thanks for both of your replies. Very much appreciated :)
    > > > --
    > > Hi Joanne,
    > > went through this experience in May '04. We were called for an
    > > interview
    > > in Atlanta, 13 months after 2yr gc expired (1 month after
    > > extension),
    > > which was last June '05. Immigration officer told us that all
    > > marriage
    > > based applications have to be interviewed. Would you believe the guy
    > > who
    > > interviewed us could hardly speak english. Make sure you tell them
    > > that
    > > you came in with fiance visa because they dont seem to know what
    > > processes you have already been through. Also take joint financial
    > > stuff
    > > with you that is up to date and not just what was sent in with the
    > > application (12-16 months old).
    > > You should get your 10yr card about 2 months after the interview,
    > > starting from that date.
    > > Hope this helps.
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://expatforums.com
    > Hi TheBritinAlabama,
    > What is your timeline?
    > I've never heard that ALL married couples are being intrviewed for
    > their
    > I-751, is that true guys?
    > --

Just telling what the immigration officer told us when we asked why we
were being interviewed!!

BTW: I got the 10yr last June, and after reading some more I obviously
was a "chosen one" for the interview.

--

Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:52 pm
U.K/U.S.A.

Does anyone know what else I have to do besides wait for the *interview, if any* for the I -751? I read all the posts that members make here on British Expats and have done for years, so its not like I don't read about everyone's experiences, just I am absolutely confused and would LOVE some more advice as I am finding this hard to understand and follow.... I recently had the 1 year extension in the form of a receipt from TSC. Please could someone kindly put the steps that happen next or what I have to do next, please? I think I am going to print this all up and get some help from my husband and family with the paperwork and general understanding of this too.

Good luck to everyone, and *hugs* all round for your ongoing patience and friendliness to me

Love Joanne xx
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:09 pm

Does anyone know what else I have to do besides wait for the *interview, if any* for the I -751? I read all the posts that members make here on British Expats and have done for years, so its not like I don't read about everyone's experiences, just I am absolutely confused and would LOVE some more advice as I am finding this hard to understand and follow.... I recently had the 1 year extension in the form of a receipt from TSC. Please could someone kindly put the steps that happen next or what I have to do next, please? I think I am going to print this all up and get some help from my husband and family with the paperwork and general understanding of this too.

Good luck to everyone, and *hugs* all round for your ongoing patience and friendliness to me

Love Joanne xx
Hi Joanne,

You really won't know the next step until you receive further instruction from USCIS. It could be instruction to return your 2-year card, it could be to make an appointment to go in person to your local office for fingerprinting and photo, it could be a request to return 2 passport photos, it could be a notice to appear for an in-person interview. I think that covers all the bases of the letters I've seen posted in here so far.

I would say your next REAL step is to study for the citizenship test, and look at the N-400 form. You can file that as soon as you're eligible, even if your I-751 isn't yet adjudicated.

There really is nothing else to do for the I-751 until you hear from USCIS.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Love Joanne xx
There really isn't anything to do now. Just sit tight until you hear from them. You might get a Request For Evidence, a notice for an interview or any number of things. We can't predict what they might be.

My husband and I recently had a successful I-751 experience. We did receive a Request For Evidence, which we submitted immediately. Philip was then approved without an interview, but we did need to make an InfoPass appointment and bring photos. They kept his green card and a new one, valid for ten years, arrived within 3 weeks.

In January, we submitted the N-400 for Naturalization and have an interview scheduled next month.

Best of luck to you!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 11:22 pm
I love my sailor.

Marjeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm another one who recently filed for removal of conditions. Actually in January 2006. I haven't received a receipt though. But I managed to talk to someone at the USCIS and they told me I should be getting one now and I also got my case #. So I'm just waiting... Vermont is now processing cases from August so this may take a while.