Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Received interview date in Montreal

Received interview date in Montreal

Old Jul 12th 2002, 2:20 pm
Kristin

Default Received interview date in Montreal

My fiance received "Packet 4" from the Montreal consulate, which was simply a letter
informing him of his interview date and what he needs to bring with him to the
interview. It was a fairly quick turn-around - he completed and mailed in the
checklist on June 25 and requested an interview date of July 26. He received Packet 3
on July 9, exactly two weeks later, and we were given our requested date! Montreal
has been a dream to deal with.

I can't wait to post our (hopefully successful!) interview experience in two weeks
(yes, I'll put in on the Kamya site, Rete I will be going to Montreal with him
for the interview. He will not be using the visa until November, though, since our
wedding isn't until November 30. It will be especially hard to wait once that visa
is in his hands! But we are glad we will be done with this part of the process
early and can focus on our wedding plans. Our timeline is below - good luck to
everyone! Kristin

February 6, 2002: I-129F petition mailed to Nebraska February 21, 2002 - First NOA
April 5, 2002: RFE received April 19, 2002: NSC receives evidence per automated
system May 3, 2002: Second NOA, per automated system May 23, 2002: Packet 3 received
from Montreal June 24, 2002: Checklist returned to Montreal July 9, 2002: Packet 4
(interview date) received July 26: 2002: Interview scheduled