Read the top -- please

Old Apr 27th 2004, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Read the top -- please

Hi:

Matt and I are both appreciate the fact that Rete posted our request about British Expats "private masseages" directed to either of us.

I, for one, REALLY appreciate if people actually read the posting.

A private message will not get responded to. Really. Honest.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 1:03 am
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Read the top -- please

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Matt and I are both appreciate the fact that Rete posted our request about British Expats "private masseages" directed to either of us.

what I don't get is why PM-ing you is even an option on your posts. You've been here forever, you could turn the function off.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by soulsender
what I don't get is why PM-ing you is even an option on your posts. You've been here forever, you could turn the function off.
Umm...maybe because occasionally, people who don't ask them legal questions want to say "Hi?"

Just a thought.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 1:40 am
Account Closed

Hi:

Its not that I don't use PM -- its just that I won't answer individual inquiries. I use PM, but in a limited fashion. Also, I don't want to appear rude when I don't respond.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:36 am
not a newbie

Hi:

so you do respond to some people then, and the above statement is false. if there is a selective policy I think thats ok. I got no problem with that. but to say you do one thing and then in reality you do respond to private messages just confuses me a bit. I apologize for it really. honest.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 3:14 am
Account Closed

so you do respond to some people then, and the above statement is false. if there is a selective policy I think thats ok. I got no problem with that. but to say you do one thing and then in reality you do respond to private messages just confuses me a bit. I apologize for it really. honest.
Hi:

Be nice. As a matter of fact, I do not answer legal inquires on PM's to anybody -- so my statement was not "false." However, I do engage in some "conversations" which are NOT legal in nature and don't relate to the merits of any case.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 3:46 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Now is that private message's or private massage's you don't respond too?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:58 am
not a newbie

Hi:

Be nice. As a matter of fact, I do not answer legal inquires on PM's to anybody -- so my statement was not "false." However, I do engage in some "conversations" which are NOT legal in nature and don't relate to the merits of any case.
I thought It was a valid observation. At no point do you mention this qualifier in the original post. When I asked the first question I thought it was a good question. When you responded it was under the assumption that I knew you meant there was a difference between a private message from say a friend on the board or asking advice. I've learned over the past 13 months when someone asks a question never make an assumption. if they ask: do you know what time it is? you say yes. when you state quite to the point do not pm me I take that to mean in any way. I have been trained by this very message board to read and respond in this way. sorry if you think I'm not being nice. Your statement becomes true after your qualifier is added and I can accept that. there are some folks here you do communicate in this way. I never knew that until now.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:36 am
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

Aww c'mon, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that he means that he does NOT answer to legal questions but will use his PM sometimes to talk with acquaintances and about extra-legal stuff.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 12:01 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by robert jcarlson
I know a great way you can avoid getting a private message,

Go away and dont come back.
Personally I think both lawyers should put a statement in there signature about there them not responding to legal question PM's. It might help to head off some of the PM's they recieve.

Just a thought...
Old Apr 28th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Originally posted by Noortje
Aww c'mon, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that he means that he does NOT answer to legal questions but will use his PM sometimes to talk with acquaintances and about extra-legal stuff.
EXACTLY. Whether he uses PMs for personal conversation is none of your busiess soulsender. You post is very accusatory to someone who gives of his legal knowledge for free.