Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Re: US Embassy London/ Interview date wait....

Re: US Embassy London/ Interview date wait....

Old Apr 6th 2016, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

skyland235 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US Embassy London/ Interview date wait....

Hello
Not sure if anyone has any recent experiences of wait times for getting an Interview date for Immigrant (Family based petition) visa at the US embassy in London
Many thanks
Old Apr 6th 2016, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyland235
Not sure if anyone has any recent experiences of wait times for getting an Interview date for Immigrant (Family based petition) visa at the US embassy in London
Most of the posts about interview date timelines are for the fiancé(e) or the spouse of a USC. I've no idea if that's different for a family-based petition such as yours. My gut feeling is that it shouldn't make a difference - which means that from the time you submit the DS-260 it'll be 4-8 weeks until you get an interview.

Now, for the others, they need to submit a readiness form that tells the US Consulate that you're ready for an interview and that it should be scheduled. I don't know the process for your situation. You will need a medical and you'll need a police certificate.

Hopefully others will be along shortly with more information.

Ian
Old Apr 6th 2016, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Most of the posts about interview date timelines are for the fiancé(e) or the spouse of a USC. I've no idea if that's different for a family-based petition such as yours. My gut feeling is that it shouldn't make a difference - which means that from the time you submit the DS-260 it'll be 4-8 weeks until you get an interview.

Now, for the others, they need to submit a readiness form that tells the US Consulate that you're ready for an interview and that it should be scheduled. I don't know the process for your situation. You will need a medical and you'll need a police certificate.

Hopefully others will be along shortly with more information.

Ian
Thanks Ian- this certainly helps in getting an idea...i guess that having waited 11 years!! for this a few more months is ok
Old Apr 6th 2016, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

wagonwheels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I booked my E2 visa appointment today. I don't know if the times are any different, but for me the earliest was 5th May and they had lots of availability all the way throughout the rest of the month and into June.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wagonwheels
Hi, I booked my E2 visa appointment today. I don't know if the times are any different, but for me the earliest was 5th May and they had lots of availability all the way throughout the rest of the month and into June.
Thanks again- that's not bad at all- hope you get it!! good luck
Old Apr 6th 2016, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if the times are any different...
They are. Different visas = different requirements = different timelines.

The biggest difference is that the E-2 is a non-immigrant visa, whereas the OP is pursuing an immigrant visa.

Ian
Old Apr 6th 2016, 6:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

For the E-2 visa, you could schedule your own appointment. For the OP's immigrant visa, an appointment will be scheduled for her. ..she has no choice.

Rene
Old Jun 1st 2016, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

pegaso will become famous soon enoughpegaso will become famous soon enough

Hi - I'm renewing my E2 (hopefully) and just got the receipt from the US Embassy in London that they received my documents for review (on May 31). Out of interest - how long was it for you from the receipt of docs at the Embassy till they contacted you about scheduling an interview? Thanks and good luck!
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

dljack is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are doing DFC for CR1 or IR1 after you submit the notice that you are ready, you will be prompted to the new booking site for Immigrant visas. We do book those ourselves now, but you need to have everything ready (like mentioned above). This new system started on 3rd May. Not sure if it is only for DFC or those going through NVC as well.

I booked in mid-May for 23rd June and I know someone else was about a week after me and booked 29th June. Those were first available for our type of visa category.

DJ