Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Re: Status check on I-751 says "file relocation"

Re: Status check on I-751 says "file relocation"

Old Oct 18th 2003, 1:40 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Status check on I-751 says "file relocation"

Originally posted by David
My application for I-751 processing was overdue with CSC a few weeks back
and I requested a status check be performed by phoning the BCIS helpdesk.

Today I received a response letter saying "Your I-751 petition has been
relocated, and is now pending with the Phoenix district office ... "

Does this mean that an interview or other complexity is around the corner ??

Thank you, Dave
My guess is that you will be receiving an interview notice from Phoenix one of these days.

Don’t assume that means they think your marriage to your spouse is just one of convenience. They routinely refer around 10% of the I-751 at the CSC back to the local offices for an interview. This is done on a random basis for “quality control� (But of course, they also send cases to the local office where they are suspicious that it might be a marriage of convenience) however I do recall asking about this (around 2 years ago) while standing in the section (room) of the CSC where their officers process I-751’s. The officer I questioned told me that if a given file is really thick (more so than the other I-751’s sitting in their bin) than that makes it more likely that this will be one of the files to be routed back to the local office to let “them� deal with it.

I have always kept that story in mind when preparing my clients submissions (especially I-751’s!). I try to put together a well documented petition to reduce the odds of getting an RFE, yet balancing that with not engaging in “overkill�. There comes a point of diminishing returns when it comes to evidence submitted to prove any given point. I select the evidence accordingly and assemble my submissions in such a way that will (hopefully) be a breeze for the officer to adjudicate.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Oct 18th 2003 at 2:17 am.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 1:42 am
David

Default Status check on I-751 says "file relocation"

Hi, I'm feeling a little frantic and confused, can someone please help ?

My application for I-751 processing was overdue with CSC a few weeks back
and I requested a status check be performed by phoning the BCIS helpdesk.

Today I received a response letter saying "Your I-751 petition has been
relocated, and is now pending with the Phoenix district office ... "

I've always been based in Phoenix and have always filed my forms either in
Phx or CSC as appropriate.

Can anyone help me understand what is happening ? How much longer to wait ?

Does this mean that an interview or other complexity is around the corner ??

Thankyou, Dave