re entry permit advice

Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Shish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really nice
Default re entry permit advice

I have been back in the Uk since Oct 2006 and traveled on my year extension while waiting for my 10yr GC. That arrived and was sent over to me a few weeks after I arrived but I have never received my Daughters. My husband is still in the US and has sent the relevant forms to find out what happened to it.
The thing is since I came home on what was ment to be a holiday I had some problems with my parents regarding their health and living conditions and had to stay to help them. I didn't apply for a re entry permit before I left pand at the time of leaving thought it was only a holiday. can I apply while still in the Uk for a re entry permit or for permission to be out of the US for a period of time due to my parents health.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: re entry permit advice

Originally Posted by Shish kebab
I have been back in the Uk since Oct 2006 and traveled on my year extension while waiting for my 10yr GC. That arrived and was sent over to me a few weeks after I arrived but I have never received my Daughters. My husband is still in the US and has sent the relevant forms to find out what happened to it.
The thing is since I came home on what was ment to be a holiday I had some problems with my parents regarding their health and living conditions and had to stay to help them. I didn't apply for a re entry permit before I left pand at the time of leaving thought it was only a holiday. can I apply while still in the Uk for a re entry permit or for permission to be out of the US for a period of time due to my parents health.
You can't apply for a re-entry permit from outside the USA. Supposedly, if you're out of the USA less than a year, you're OK to come back in on your green card. If you're going to be cutting it close, or be gone over a year, go to the US Embassy in London and try to get a "returning resident visa".

So is your daughter in the USA or the UK right now?

Rene
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Shish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You can't apply for a re-entry permit from outside the USA. Supposedly, if you're out of the USA less than a year, you're OK to come back in on your green card. If you're going to be cutting it close, or be gone over a year, go to the US Embassy in London and try to get a "returning resident visa".

So is your daughter in the USA or the UK right now?

Rene

I am cutting it to the fine line with the one year and my daughter is with me in the UK.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am cutting it to the fine line with the one year and my daughter is with me in the UK.
In that case, I'd definitely make an appointment at the embassy for your returning resident visa, and to ask about your daughter...she evidently doesn't have proof of her PR status, right?

Have your husband send you copies of everything regarding when she turned in the I-751, etc.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In that case, I'd definitely make an appointment at the embassy for your returning resident visa, and to ask about your daughter...she evidently doesn't have proof of her PR status, right?

Have your husband send you copies of everything regarding when she turned in the I-751, etc.
Yes I have the originals with me now of the papers we sent regarding the I-751. I got them sent over just in case I nead them. The only evidence I have of my daughter being resident there is her permanent residence card the first one.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Oh yes should I write to immigration in the US and let them know my situation about my overstay.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No, you can't. However, you can apply at the US Consulate for a returning resident's permit. You will need to show that there was extenuating circumstances that caused you to remain outside of the US for over a year and that you were not abandoning your US residency.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes should I write to immigration in the US and let them know my situation about my overstay.

No, there is no need for that. Your daughter's was included on your I-751 I assume. You might have to go to the district office and/or get an immigration attorney involved to find out where her card is. Has she gone for biometrics?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Has she gone for biometrics?
Yes she has had everything done along with me and I was just waiting for her card but it didn't arrive. thank for all your advice it has helped me a lot
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:50 pm
Concierge

Yes she has had everything done along with me and I was just waiting for her card but it didn't arrive. thank for all your advice it has helped me a lot

Curious how old your daughter is? My friend whose daughter was included in his I-751 could not remove conditions on her father's coat tail because she was over the age of 18.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Curious how old your daughter is? My friend whose daughter was included in his I-751 could not remove conditions on her father's coat tail because she was over the age of 18.
My daughter is only 4 yrs.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 11:40 am
Concierge

My daughter is only 4 yrs.

Great ... then she does not fit my friend's scenario