Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Re-entering the U.S after visa-waiver over-stay?

Re-entering the U.S after visa-waiver over-stay?

Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-entering the U.S after visa-waiver over-stay?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Ohhhh yes...right....good luck with that, grungy. Let us know if you get it.

Rene

Let's see...

The pregnant wife of a USC with a previous visa violation and no visible ties to the UK such as a job or somewhere to live applies for a tourist visa to "visit" her husband in the US.

I, too, wait with baited breath to find the outcome of this particular application.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Let's see...

The pregnant wife of a USC with a previous visa violation and no visible ties to the UK such as a job or somewhere to live applies for a tourist visa to "visit" her husband in the US.

I, too, wait with baited breath to find the outcome of this particular application.

Even if she were to get it, as a visitor she will not be eligible to be on her husband's medical insurance.

Not sure how easy it would be to get travel insurance from a UK provider, given that she is pregnant. Even if she were able to get it, they would probably exclude anything related to the pregnancy.

Whilst pregnancy is not an illness, it doesn't always go according to plan, and any complications whilst in the US could cost tens of thousands.

I simply cannot understand why they would want to put themselves through all this stress, instead of concentrating on making her pregnancy in the UK as calm and comfortable as possible.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Whilst pregnancy is not an illness, it doesn't always go according to plan,
IMO, it's her other illness that's getting in the way.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

grunge is an unknown quantity at this point

Even if she were to get it, as a visitor she will not be eligible to be on her husband's medical insurance.
Really?, interesting, his new job does covour medical insurance for him and his family (me).
I'll have to ask him to check if me not having perminant status throws that out of the window.

I simply cannot understand why they would want to put themselves through all this stress, instead of concentrating on making her pregnancy in the UK as calm and comfortable as possible.
It would actually be far less stressful if I could go there, he has a settled place even with a spare bedroom for the baby,
A good job and he can finish his degree if I go there.

Compared to.. him coming here, us starting a new life, new house, struggling to find a new job (if he doesn't take a crap illegal one).

Me staying in this hostel alone would certainly not be 'comfortable' if that's what you're refering to.
And we certainly don't plan on that happening.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:16 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grunge
Really?, interesting, his new job does covour medical insurance for him and his family (me).
I'll have to ask him to check if me not having perminant status throws that out of the window.

It would actually be far less stressful if I could go there, he has a settled place even with a spare bedroom for the baby,
A good job and he can finish his degree if I go there.

Compared to.. him coming here, us starting a new life, new house, struggling to find a new job (if he doesn't take a crap illegal one).

Me staying in this hostel alone would certainly not be 'comfortable' if that's what you're refering to.
And we certainly don't plan on that happening.

To be able to go on his insurance, he has to be able to declare you on his tax return. To do that, you have to be resident, not a visitor.

You keep saying that he would take care of you and that you have money for medical expenses in the US. I fail to see why this money could not be used to rent you a flat in the UK.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

IMO, it's her other illness that's getting in the way.

You're a tard
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

To be able to go on his insurance, he has to be able to declare you on his tax return. To do that, you have to be resident, not a visitor.

You keep saying that he would take care of you and that you have money for medical expenses in the US. I fail to see why this money could not be used to rent you a flat in the UK.
For medical bills we would need to save up and we'd have to deal with that at feb 07' the earliest, and still then we can pay it off weekly.

We don't have any lump sums available right now for me to get a flat.

My husband is currently saving though and if he has to come here that'll be in december and we'll have enough for a deposit on a small place then.

We'll look into whether i'd be covoured medically, thanks for mentioning that.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You're a tard
To translate .............. a word used by the stupid to say Retard = tard ..
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:25 pm
Septicity

It would actually be far less stressful if I could go there,
So plan on it...

1/ Send OH to US immigration attorney for consultation on expediting K-3 visa.
2/ With or without the expedition, start the K3 process.

You're on a path to nowhere with your current toursit visa application.

P.S. Hope you haven't been "self-medicating" your condition -- that would really throw a spanner in the works if you've been caught!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:25 pm
Homebody

Talking Re: Re-entering the U.S after visa-waiver over-stay?

Originally Posted by Ray

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought she meant to say turd...
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:26 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray

Thx Ray. Thought it was a typo and she was calling me a turd.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:27 pm
Homebody

Thx Ray. Thought it was a typo and she was calling me a turd.

SNAP!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:28 pm
Septicity

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought she meant to say turd...

It's so useful having Ray on the forum as he's so in touch with the younger generation.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Believe it or not, some of us have feelings, and it's pretty hurtful to have people being idiots and making fun of me when i've shared some pretty personal details with you guys just to get some advice.

I hope you're happy with yourselves,
pretty sad you have to needlessly put other's down for absolutely no reason though and hurt their feelings out of pure selfshness, don't you think?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not actually sure this is right.

I have seen many posts from USC's with spouses illegally in the US who are on their Insurance.

And from a tax point of view she does not have to reside in the US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.