Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Re-enter US after 18 months on H1B.

Re-enter US after 18 months on H1B.

Old Nov 8th 2002, 6:17 am
Just Joined

jabral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-enter US after 18 months on H1B.

Hi All,

I am going to join my US office after a gap of 18 months with a valid H1B visa(H1B expires in May 2003). Can someone suggest following;

1) What documents / questions are asked at POE (Point of Entry).

I donot have recent paystubs with me, only H1B visa & Offer Letter from the company stating me to join the US office.

Any other documents required other than this ?

2) I want to file H4 for my wife...do I require to have recent pay-stub for H4 ? Or only my H1B along with Offer Letter from company is sufficient.

Thanks.

Jabral.
Old Nov 9th 2002, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

wllorente57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re-enter US after 18 months on H1B.

Good luck!

Your situation is better than mine. My employer issued me a letter to join the US office after 10 months gap (H1B status expires 2004). I have yet to get the visa from the consul in my home country. That would mean a lot of questions and a chance of being denied a visa.

Best regards.

Originally posted by jabral
Hi All,

I am going to join my US office after a gap of 18 months with a valid H1B visa(H1B expires in May 2003). Can someone suggest following;

1) What documents / questions are asked at POE (Point of Entry).

I donot have recent paystubs with me, only H1B visa & Offer Letter from the company stating me to join the US office.

Any other documents required other than this ?

2) I want to file H4 for my wife...do I require to have recent pay-stub for H4 ? Or only my H1B along with Offer Letter from company is sufficient.

Thanks.

Jabral.