Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Re: Didn't Mention Being Arrested Before!

Re: Didn't Mention Being Arrested Before!

Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Default Re: Didn't Mention Being Arrested Before!

Thanks folks for your replies...
I was arrested a few month later with a friend at a bureau de change.
My boy had about two thousand dollars on him that he was trying to change to local currency...
the guy at the bureau thought that the money was counterfiet and he decided to seized it...
an arugment started and we called the police, once the police came through they took the bureau de' change guy word for it and though the money was counterfiet.. we was arrested and taken to the station.
the money was sent to a police lab and came out to be real after all..
The money was given back to my friend and nothing came of the situation.
Thats why i didn't realised i had to put it on the form.. cause i was not charged and never caution...
Just misunderstanding....
What do i do?
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:13 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Were you fingerprinted? Did you have to appear before a judge? Were you ever cited?

Originally Posted by Myharris
My boy had about two thousand dollars on him that he was trying to change to local currency...
the guy at the bureau thought that the money was counterfiet and he decided to seized it...
an arugment started and we called the police, once the police came through they took the bureau de' change guy word for it and though the money was counterfiet.. we was arrested and taken to the station.
Thats why i didn't realised i had to put it on the form.. cause i was not charged and never caution...
What do i do?
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

What do i do?
The forms did not only ask if you had been charged or cautioned, but also if you had ever been arrested. I think this is your third thread asking this question and that this arrest is also detailed on your police certificate?

I think your only option is to confirm your arrest asap and explain that you made an error when you initially completed the forms. Bear in mind that you were not actually convicted of any crime and so don't need to worry in that respect!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crg14624
Were you fingerprinted? Did you have to appear before a judge? Were you ever cited?

Why is this relevant? The OP was arrested but omitted to confirm this when applying for a visa. He/she has already confirmed that he/she was not cautioned or charged with any crime as no actual crime had been committed. Therefore all that is now required is for the OP to correct the error he made when completing the application forms.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:42 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 207lonsdale
Why is this relevant? The OP was arrested but omitted to confirm this when applying for a visa. He/she has already confirmed that he/she was not cautioned or charged with any crime as no actual crime had been committed. Therefore all that is now required is for the OP to correct the error he made when completing the application forms.
Sometimes people can be detained and not arrested. Or they can cooperate with an investigation and accompany the police to the station as a witness or a subject of interest and be free to go at any time. Either way, I'd disclose this one just in case.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sometimes people can be detained and not arrested. Or they can cooperate with an investigation and accompany the police to the station as a witness or a subject of interest and be free to go at any time. Either way, I'd disclose this one just in case.

Okay, but the OP has stated he/she was arrested and I believe he/she is the same person who posted an earlier thread confirming that this incident was detailed on his/her police report as an arrest.

If I were the OP I would e-mail the London Embassy asap and explain that I made an error when completing the forms. I would also confirm that whilst I was arrested I had not actually committed any crime and was released without charge.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future

I was fingerprinted, didn't go to court.. wasn't even charged...
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:13 pm
crg
American Expat

I was fingerprinted, didn't go to court.. wasn't even charged...
The consular officer can decide if that was even an arrest. Either way it wouldn't make someone inadmissible. They may have used the fingerprints they took to check against the database and not even saved them.