Quick Question I-485

Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

tokyojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick Question I-485

Labour Cert approved, I-140 filed, Priority Date August 2008.

If your I-140 gets approved and the Priority dates become available and the I-485 is filed but the L1B visa runs out whilst waiting for I-485 approval, what happens then do you have to leave the US or once the I-485 is filed does that superceed the L1B visa.

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

bilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to beholdbilbos92 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Quick Question I-485

If the priority date becomes current and you file the I485 then yes you can stay as your status transfers from L1b to AOS. You then transfer to EAD and AP.
However depending on when your L1B max's out - the priority date may not have reached your filing date. Before it went U on EB3 ( which as a L1b I presume you are ) was at about 2003 - a good few years before yours....sorry.