Quick Question- DS 156

Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

MsWheels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick Question- DS 156

Hiya,

Currently applying for a K1 Fiance visa...

When filling out the DS-156 I am told to fill it out in duplicate. Can anyone clarify if this means fill it out electronically twice OR print off two copies of the form once it has been filled out?

Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick Question- DS 156

Originally Posted by MsWheels
Hiya,

Currently applying for a K1 Fiance visa...

When filling out the DS-156 I am told to fill it out in duplicate. Can anyone clarify if this means fill it out electronically twice OR print off two copies of the form once it has been filled out?

Thanks
Print off two after completion
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks!

I actually have another question if anyone is able to help... on the IV-15 it asks if I have a 'notarised statement'... what exactly is that?

Thanks again
Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsWheels
I actually have another question if anyone is able to help... on the IV-15 it asks if I have a 'notarised statement'... what exactly is that?
The statement is a short note indicating your intent to marry your USC sponsor within 90 days of entering the US. Despite what the IV-15 says, it doesn't need to be notarized.

However, if you're worried, the following language will satisfy the legal requirements of notarization:

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [date]"

As long as that statement is signed and dated, you are covered.

Ian
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks... that it was I suspected but thought best to double, triple quadruple check