Quick question about SSN Card

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

AMonica76 will become famous soon enough
Default Quick question about SSN Card

Hello,

I am waiting my SNN Card... and a question just jump into my head...
Does the SSN Card mention your A#?

My name was not in the system and they told me to wait 4-8 weeks to send a note to BCIS and verify...

thanks!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 1:06 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question about SSN Card

Originally Posted by AMonica76
Hello,

I am waiting my SNN Card... and a question just jump into my head...
Does the SSN Card mention your A#?

My name was not in the system and they told me to wait 4-8 weeks to send a note to BCIS and verify...

thanks!
Hi there,
No the A# does not appear on the SS card. It's not unusual for a person's name to take awhile to appear in their system. My husband's name (he was my fiance then), did not appear in the system for over five weeks after he landed.

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hi there,
No the A# does not appear on the SS card. It's not unusual for a person's name to take awhile to appear in their system. My husband's name (he was my fiance then), did not appear in the system for over five weeks after he landed.

~SecretGarden
thanks!!

Yep, I have heard that a lot of people is not in the system by the time they go for the SSN... I am almost 5 weeks waiting for the SSN... hpe gets here soon..

see ya!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks!!

Yep, I have heard that a lot of people is not in the system by the time they go for the SSN... I am almost 5 weeks waiting for the SSN... hpe gets here soon..

see ya!

Hang it there...it'll come....the SSN doesn't have the A# but will say can only use the SSN with proper employment authorization....you can also get your driver's license using this.

hope this helps.
Rukhie
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 3:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rukhie
Hang it there...it'll come....the SSN doesn't have the A# but will say can only use the SSN with proper employment authorization....you can also get your driver's license using this.

hope this helps.
Rukhie
As mentioned, the A# is not on the SS card. My fiance had to go the manual verification route, also. It took just over 9 weeks from the day we went to SSA until the day it showed up in the mail. Hang in there!

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As mentioned, the A# is not on the SS card. My fiance had to go the manual verification route, also. It took just over 9 weeks from the day we went to SSA until the day it showed up in the mail. Hang in there!

Rene
wow! 9 weeks??? and my husband wanted me to start calling them and go to the office again... good thing that I told him I prefer to wait more...

thanks for the support! I already accept it is going to take at least 2 or 3 weeks more... who knows maybe little bit more...
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

wow! 9 weeks??? and my husband wanted me to start calling them and go to the office again... good thing that I told him I prefer to wait more...

thanks for the support! I already accept it is going to take at least 2 or 3 weeks more... who knows maybe little bit more...
Eight weeks of that waiting, was how long it took USCIS to respond to SSA's inquiry!! Once SSA got the OK, it only took 1 week to get the card in the mail. Hopefully your response from USCIS will come faster than ours did!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:31 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

A quick question on this, once I go and get my EAD card, will it be weeks later before I get into Social Securities SAVE system or does this get entered at the same time as EAD is issued? Just wondering how long it will take from EAD to getted SSN. I am adjusting within the US and so is not a K-1 situation
Patrick
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:44 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick,

The SAVE system belongs to the USCIS, not the SSA. The SSA accesses SAVE to confirm the applicant's immigration status.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
A quick question on this, once I go and get my EAD card, will it be weeks later before I get into Social Securities SAVE system or does this get entered at the same time as EAD is issued? Just wondering how long it will take from EAD to getted SSN. I am adjusting within the US and so is not a K-1 situation
Patrick
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:11 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Patrick,

The SAVE system belongs to the USCIS, not the SSA. The SSA accesses SAVE to confirm the applicant's immigration status.

Regards, JEff
So by that logic, how long from when I get my EAD card (SF District Office) to getting the SAVE system to show for Social Security?

Some have talked about severaly months? My original thought was within a couple of weeks I could get SSN and then sort out driving license etc.
Patrick
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:58 pm
omo
Naija Brigade

omo is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Quick question about SSN Card

Sigh! Things were so much simpler before 9/11. I have a friend who's going through the same process and he waits in agony.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:04 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

Originally Posted by omo
Sigh! Things were so much simpler before 9/11. I have a friend who's going through the same process and he waits in agony.
Been on this newsgroup since before 9/11 and I actually think a lot of visas have actually gotten faster in their processing
Patrick
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:45 am
Michael D. Young

AMonica76 wrote:

> > Hi there,
    > > No the A# does not appear on the SS card. It's not unusual for a per-
    > > son's name to take awhile to appear in their system. My husband's na-
    > > me (he was my fiance then), did not appear in the system for over five
    > > weeks after he landed.
    > >
    > > ~SecretGarden
    > thanks!!
    > Yep, I have heard that a lot of people is not in the system by the time
    > they go for the SSN... I am almost 5 weeks waiting for the SSN... hpe
    > gets here soon..

Have you gone back to the SSA office at all? If not go back and ask them to
check you through SAVE again, ask did the G-845 come back, have they
followed up on it if no response has been received by calling or sending a
second G-845 marked "second request." Who knows you might have been
assigned an SSN and card has been lost in the mail.

Tell the office to look at EM-02091 if they give you any crap and you might
want to look at it was well.

http://policy.ssa.gov/public/reference.nsf/instructiontypecode!openview&restricttocategory=EM