Quick question

Old Nov 17th 2001, 6:13 pm
Lezahmich

Does anyone know if they accept American Express Travellers cheques at the cashiers
office at INS offices when paying the fees? I just put them aside when I set aside
the money to pay for the applications.... but I'm about to file and want to know if
it would be better if I go cash them first or if they'll accept them as they are.
Might sound like a silly question - but I'm just making sure everything goes as
smoothly as possible!

Thanks

Haze

Old Nov 17th 2001, 7:53 pm
Steve

I don't think so. Bring exact change or checks for the exact amount, with 2
forms of ID.

>
    >
aside
    >
to
    >
    >
I'm
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 17th 2001, 8:35 pm
Shelley

I don't believe any of the offices take Travelers Checks. You should check your local
offices web page to see what form of payment you will need, as some offices will
accept cash, some will not, some accept personal checks, some only take cashiers
checks. http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fi...ces/alphaa.htm Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
aside
    >
to
    >
    >
I'm
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 17th 2001, 10:57 pm
Steve

I filed at Sac. The sign by the cashiers window says exact amount only, or checks
(imprinted) with 2 forms of ID.

>
    >
you
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Does anyone know if they accept American Express Travellers cheques at[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > cashiers office at INS offices when paying the fees? I just put them[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > when I set aside the money to pay for the applications.... but I'm about[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > file and want to know if it would be better if I go cash them first or[/usenetquote2]
if
[usenetquote2]> > they'll accept them as they are. Might sound like a silly question -[/usenetquote2]
but
    >
[usenetquote2]> > just making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Haze[/usenetquote2]