question by usc

Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

betsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant future
Default question by usc

i wonder if you people can help me.My husband came to the usa 3 years ago on a 1-94vwp, after 12 months here we got married and have now been very happily married for 2yrs,can you please advice us on what forms we fill in and what the process.
it is only a small city in the usa where we live so there isnt any information on immigration here.
I have visited other immigrations,but i never get the same answer`s and also people who are against my husband being here telling me he will be deported which upset`s me so much!!
thank you all for your time
betsy.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 4:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question by usc

Originally posted by betsy
i wonder if you people can help me.My husband came to the usa 3 years ago on a 1-94vwp, after 12 months here we got married and have now been very happily married for 2yrs,can you please advice us on what forms we fill in and what the process.
it is only a small city in the usa where we live so there isnt any information on immigration here.
I have visited other immigrations,but i never get the same answer`s and also people who are against my husband being here telling me he will be deported which upset`s me so much!!
thank you all for your time
betsy.
Not a good position to be in.. I would suggest you go see a Immigration Lawyer as soon as possible ..He must not under any circumstances leave the country at this time.. as he is liable to a ten year or more Ban..
Old Jan 7th 2004, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

suiram is an unknown quantity at this point

...can you please advice us on what forms we fill in and what the process...
Take a look here: http://www.geocities.com/immigration...130/inside.htm

Forms can be found at http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

betsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant futurebetsy has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ray6
Not a good position to be in.. I would suggest you go see a Immigration Lawyer as soon as possible ..He must not under any circumstances leave the country at this time.. as he is liable to a ten year or more Ban..
IF fill all the forms and send them in,he wont get deported will he?
how can they do this yet allow illegal immigrants to work here?
thank you
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

IF fill all the forms and send them in,he wont get deported will he?
how can they do this yet allow illegal immigrants to work here?
thank you
Anything is possible.. even more so if he is working illegally...See a lawyer ASAP.. This is not a minor thing...What is unofficially allowed elsewhere has no bearing on you problem..
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Anything is possible.. even more so if he is working illegally...See a lawyer ASAP.. This is not a minor thing...What is unofficially allowed elsewhere has no bearing on you problem..
so there is a chance they will deport him (
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:44 pm
Ray

so there is a chance they will deport him (
Any overstayer can be deported
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Any overstayer can be deported
i have heard his oversaty will be forgiven because i am a usc,is this true?
thank you for your kind replys
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:01 pm
Ray

i have heard his oversaty will be forgiven because i am a usc,is this true?
thank you for your kind replys
Did he come over with the intent of marrying you ..
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Did he come over with the intent of marrying you ..
no he didnt,i ask him to stay,i couldnt bear the idea of being apart from him,then it wasnt until later we decided to get married.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:18 pm
Ray

no he didnt,i ask him to stay,i couldnt bear the idea of being apart from him,then it wasnt until later we decided to get married.
Thats good..you have a chance .you will of course have to prove no intent by showing he had left a job, property etc.. behind..
But really in these circumstances you need an Imimgration Attorney to assist you.. It can be done by yourself by filing for AOS Adjustment of Status ..but with such a long overstay I certainly would not even consider it.
You may also want to put this question under the marriage based visa forum to get other opinions

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=35
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thats good..you have a chance .you will of course have to prove no intent by showing he had left a job, property etc.. behind..
But really in these circumstances you need an Imimgration Attorney to assist you.. It can be done by yourself by filing for AOS Adjustment of Status ..but with such a long overstay I certainly would not even consider it.
You may also want to put this question under the marriage based visa forum to get other opinions

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=35
thank you so much!!
i have also been adviced to see my local congressman
once again thank you
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:30 pm
Ray

thank you so much!!
i have also been adviced to see my local congressman
once again thank you
Congressman is when you get a problem with USCIS ..not before you even start the process...
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Congressman is when you get a problem with USCIS ..not before you even start the process...
oh!!!!! okay