British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Question regarding approved I-751 waiver. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/question-regarding-approved-i-751-waiver-609311/)

ian-mstm May 15th 2009 10:23 am

Re: Question regarding approved I-751 waiver.

Originally Posted by milan79 (Post 7575766)
I am filing Nov 2011 Ha ha . I got my CR on Feb 2006

I'm confused... if you became a PR in February 2006, aren't you elegible to file for naturalization in November 2010 and not 2011?

Ian

Poppy girl May 15th 2009 11:04 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 7575934)
I'm confused... if you became a PR in February 2006, aren't you elegible to file for naturalization in November 2010 and not 2011?

Ian

I missed that, you're correct again :D

adjudicator89 May 15th 2009 11:45 am

really? Thanks Ian !!!!!!:thumbsup:

Rete May 15th 2009 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 7574999)
I agree with Poppy Girl. Keep everything until you become a US citizen *and* have a US passport in your hand. You never know when you'll need some bit of paper to prove something or other. I'm fairly confident that most of the long-time posters here will suggest the same.

Ian

Yup, we did it, too. I set up a binder similar to the one that was sent for each petition from K-1 through naturalization. Nice and neat and tucked away in a file cabinet. If there is every any question about any step of the process and the evidence we used, I can pull it out and let them see first hand what was submitted and approved.

adjudicator89 May 15th 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks Rete.:)

smalik2 May 19th 2009 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by milan79 (Post 7574936)
Hello there.
My question is since my I-751 was approved do i still have to keep that pile of documentation (Joint life together) or can I just get rid of it I am geting rid of things I no longer need. So I was wondering especially you guys who did I-751 (waiver ) and got approved. PoppyGirl hon what did you do with yours? Thank you.

:D I don't know if you like this approach. If you do not like to keep all that paper, you can give all those paper to a professional documnet archive compnay and ask them to convert it into digital file preferably in .pdf format. Keep the CD rom and let them shred all docs.

If you want to save couple of hundred dollars in digitizing fee, you can request your A file from USCIS and request it to be sent as a CD rom. They will send you the CD. Make couple of copies to be on save side and shred all docs.

How does this sound. any comments?

Poppy girl May 19th 2009 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by smalik2 (Post 7587682)
:D I don't know if you like this approach. If you do not like to keep all that paper, you can give all those paper to a professional documnet archive compnay and ask them to convert it into digital file preferably in .pdf format. Keep the CD rom and let them shred all docs.

If you want to save couple of hundred dollars in digitizing fee, you can request your A file from USCIS and request it to be sent as a CD rom. They will send you the CD. Make couple of copies to be on save side and shred all docs.

How does this sound. any comments?

Sounds great but alot of hassle.

adjudicator89 May 20th 2009 1:08 am

Thanks smalik, but I agree with my Poppy, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving some company my files, and share my personal info. I can scan it into my PC I guess. But I am keeping the pile of the joint evidence file in my storage room now till I get my citizenship. :-) Thank you all for the info on here.Milan

adjudicator89 May 20th 2009 1:09 am

How can I request my A file? you mean I can request all copies from I-765, I-485, I-751? I didn't know that.

ian-mstm May 20th 2009 5:59 am

Originally Posted by milan79 (Post 7588738)
How can I request my A file? you mean I can request all copies from I-765, I-485, I-751? I didn't know that.

These are probably all available under a FOIA request. It'll probably take several years to get them.

Ian

adjudicator89 May 20th 2009 7:59 am

Thanks Ian LOL LOL

Ray May 20th 2009 8:05 am

Originally Posted by smalik2 (Post 7587682)

Thats interesting ...How do you request this ..
there will be a form for it ..

Poppy girl May 20th 2009 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 7589937)
Thats interesting ...How do you request this ..
there will be a form for it ..

They've probably lost the forms accidentaly on purpose lol.

adjudicator89 May 20th 2009 12:41 pm

LOL Poppy Darling, aren't u glad we are done with the I-751's? God I can't imagine going thru that s..t again lol