Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Question regarding approved I-751 waiver.

Question regarding approved I-751 waiver.

Old May 15th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question regarding approved I-751 waiver.

Hello there.
My question is since my I-751 was approved do i still have to keep that pile of documentation (Joint life together) or can I just get rid of it I am geting rid of things I no longer need. So I was wondering especially you guys who did I-751 (waiver ) and got approved. PoppyGirl hon what did you do with yours? Thank you.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:29 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding approved I-751 waiver.

Originally Posted by milan79
Hello there.
My question is since my I-751 was approved do i still have to keep that pile of documentation (Joint life together) or can I just get rid of it I am geting rid of things I no longer need. So I was wondering especially you guys who did I-751 (waiver ) and got approved. PoppyGirl hon what did you do with yours? Thank you.
Keep the lot every last piece of paper, you might need it and I say might ie Naturalization

I have every last receipt and logged phone call possible.
Old May 15th 2009, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My question is since my I-751 was approved do i still have to keep that pile of documentation (Joint life together) or can I just get rid of it
I agree with Poppy Girl. Keep everything until you become a US citizen *and* have a US passport in your hand. You never know when you'll need some bit of paper to prove something or other. I'm fairly confident that most of the long-time posters here will suggest the same.

Ian
Old May 15th 2009, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Haley-751 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi milan and poppygirl, I knew both of you got approval for 751 waiver. just curious when you filed 751 waiver, did they
1. throw the joint 751 away; cancel that case with receipt number and just work on the new document you filed with waiver
2. Or they would keep all original papers from joint filing and combined it with the waiver 751 documents you filed on your own.
Because most of the time , after divorce, its hard to get documents to support for waiver 751 from spouse.
Old May 15th 2009, 3:37 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haley-751
Hi milan and poppygirl, I knew both of you got approval for 751 waiver. just curious when you filed 751 waiver, did they
1. throw the joint 751 away; cancel that case with receipt number and just work on the new document you filed with waiver

2. Or they would keep all original papers from joint filing and combined it with the waiver 751 documents you filed on your own.
Because most of the time , after divorce, its hard to get documents to support for waiver 751 from spouse.
There never was a joint I-751
Old May 15th 2009, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

oh ...... sorry ..... I thought u filed the joint petition first, then went with waiver later. my mistake. btw, is there anybody know the asnwer for my question ?
Old May 15th 2009, 3:43 pm

oh ...... sorry ..... I thought u filed the joint petition first, then went with waiver later. my mistake. btw, is there anybody know the asnwer for my question ?
I never filed a joint and I don't think Milan did either!

We were reconciled and divorced when I filed mine, weird hey!
Old May 15th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Poppy :-) and all
Thanks for the replies. I think if you filed I-751 jointly and got divorced while the I-751 is pending, u have to re-apply new I-751 but this time a waiver based one. Am I correct?
Old May 15th 2009, 5:32 pm

Hi Poppy :-) and all
Thanks for the replies. I think if you filed I-751 jointly and got divorced while the I-751 is pending, u have to re-apply new I-751 but this time a waiver based one. Am I correct?
YES
Old May 15th 2009, 5:34 pm

The new filing will be a new filing for the waiver and you will just have to submit the same paperwork as before., and any extra that is requested.
Basically you are starting from scratch again.

Did you not keep copies of all the paperwork you submitted on the joint petition?

Last edited by Poppy girl; May 15th 2009 at 5:37 pm.
Old May 15th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Poppy
When are you filing N-400?
Old May 15th 2009, 6:55 pm

Poppy
When are you filing N-400?
Nov 09 and you!
Old May 15th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damn I am jealous LOL, I am filing Nov 2011 Ha ha . I got my CR on Feb 2006
Old May 15th 2009, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

yeah Poppy, just keep some of documents which we filed joint petition. Now i am waiting for divorce to be finalized to file waiver. its hard for me to get all documents since most of them are under his name. I dont know if when I file the waiver, will they refer or have a look at the orginal joint one ?
Old May 15th 2009, 9:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah Poppy, just keep some of documents which we filed joint petition. Now i am waiting for divorce to be finalized to file waiver. its hard for me to get all documents since most of them are under his name. I dont know if when I file the waiver, will they refer or have a look at the orginal joint one ?
When you file the I-751 on your own, go ahead and include photocopies of ALL the evidence you included with the joint I-751, plus anything more you might want to add after that time.

Just assume they will not look at the original I-751, and give them everything they need to adjudicate the I-751 w/waiver.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.