Wikiposts

Question please, pre EB-5

Old Nov 3rd 2013, 4:01 am
Just Joined

NickDavenport is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question please, pre EB-5

Hi,

please can you all help us,

We want to open a US business in Las Vegas, where it is qualifying as high unemployment area....

We have the $500k to invest, my question is

1, can we start the business in LV and concurrently apply for the visa

2, can we travel back and forth to UK whilst the visa is being approved

3, if so can we travel on the visa waiver, we wont be taking US salaries etc, whilst waiting

we have no problems proving source of funds and will be creating 25 jobs first year minimum

thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 6:24 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question please, pre EB-5

You cannot work in the US without the appropriate visa to do so - you appear to be asking if you can do the work of the business while present in the US before the visa is approved, so I'd have to say no.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Speak to a good EB5 lawyer....
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
You cannot work in the US without the appropriate visa to do so - you appear to be asking if you can do the work of the business while present in the US before the visa is approved, so I'd have to say no.
i understand this, but i am asking is there any way around, ie a business visa, or the fact that you application is being processed etc....

it seems illogical to have to wait one year, to open an office, where as we can open today, and run it from the UK, with a US manager
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cranston
can you recommend one please
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 8:01 am
Just Joined

are the best immigration lawyers for brits, in the UK or USA
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 8:19 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickDavenport
it seems illogical to have to wait one year, to open an office, where as we can open today, and run it from the UK, with a US manager
In that case, I suggest you open your US office as you have outlined... and then wait until you have a visa before you work for the US office while in the US.

i am asking is there any way around...
No, there isn't. If there were, everyone would be doing it... and you would already know about it.

I suggest that both are equal to the task... although a US-based lawyer will likely be less expensive. Start at www.aila.org.

Ian
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 10:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

$500,000 would not be enough anyway. You would need $ 1m plus.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
$500,000 works in high unemployment areas and rural, where the u/e is over 150% national average, so it is enough
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
In that case, I suggest you open your US office as you have outlined... and then wait until you have a visa before you work for the US office while in the US.

No, there isn't. If there were, everyone would be doing it... and you would already know about it.

I suggest that both are equal to the task... although a US-based lawyer will likely be less expensive. Start at www.aila.org.

Ian
thanks the advice
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
neveda has very high unemployment, plus no online sales tax
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

can you recommend one please
Hi Nick

From what other people have told me Lincoln Stone is the top guy of EB5s. I chatted with him and he was too expensive for me. He did some work for the regional center I am invested in and I know he did a good job tackling USCIS.
www.sggimmigration.com.

I used Carlos Colombo of Orlando for my I526/829. He was excellent and reasonably priced. I recommend you have a chat with him and see what you think.
www.colombohurd.com

Good luck.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Nick

From what other people have told me Lincoln Stone is the top guy of EB5s. I chatted with him and he was too expensive for me. He did some work for the regional center I am invested in and I know he did a good job tackling USCIS.
www.sggimmigration.com.

I used Carlos Colombo of Orlando for my I526/829. He was excellent and reasonably priced. I recommend you have a chat with him and see what you think.
www.colombohurd.com

Good luck.
many thanks
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

My guess is that you need a US based lawyer, IMO they will have more experience, knowledge and understand of both the law and USCIS processes and eccentricities.

When I did my application I could see no logical argument for using a UK based lawyer and I still hold that view.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:51 am
Just Joined

sound advice, much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.