Question for MUdall

Old Aug 8th 2002, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for MUdall

I would be so appreciative if you couls read my post "Oh My God", so I could get a second lawyer's opinion on this... wondering which to do.
Old Aug 9th 2002, 12:51 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: Question for MUdall

I don't know what Matt will say. I think I do, but I will hold off. Lawyers are
supposed to make recommendations that follow the law. If you already believe that you
are coming into the country with the intent to get married, then this doesn't follow
the law and is not really the reason the AOS process was created. One issue. Is Greg
going to quit his job and sell his house before he comes here? If so, then is this
what he is going to tell INS at the POE? If yes, then he will possibly not be able to
get into the country. If they ask about his employment, and he lies, then he could
face fraud issues during the AOS process. If I were a lawyer, I wouldn't condone an
illegal method, and would especially not condone it when the legal method is
available.

beyness wrote:
    > I would be so appreciative if you couls read my post "Oh My God", so I could get a
    > second lawyer's opinion on this... wondering which to do.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 9th 2002, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, he doesn't have a house, he lives with friends, and he temps, so that isn't really an issue. We just returned from travelling for 2 years so our lives are in limbo until we figure all this out. If he had a house and a good job, I'd probably just move to England!
Old Aug 9th 2002, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

If he doesn't have a house and job, it will be hard for him to prove strong ties to the UK if he does have to tell a POE inspector of his "plans".
Old Aug 10th 2002, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Okay,we've thought about it and I think we're sticking to the first plan even though it may be a hassle.. K-1 peition will be sent off tomorrow...