Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Question on form DS-230 part 1, K1

Question on form DS-230 part 1, K1

Old Feb 6th 2005, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Question on form DS-230 part 1, K1

Hi guys,

on the form DS-230 Part 1 that I a filling in to send to the embassy, question 10 says:

"Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live, if known. Include the name of a person who currently lives there."

Question 11 says:

"Address in the United States where you want your Permanent Resident Card mailed to, if different from the address question 10".

The problem is, we don't know where we will be living yet. I know question 10 says "if known", but we won't know until I get out there in June.

By the time I am ready to have my Perm Resident Card mailed, we will have our own place and be settled - do I tell them of the address at that time?

Shall I just put N/A for both those questions?

Second, it asks me to list all trips to the US I have ever taken. Since 1997 to last year, I have taken countless, countless trips. Some for a weekend, some for 3 months. I can't remember them all! I don't have records of hardly any of them! When I went for 3 months in 1997 and 1999, I recieved a B1/B2 visa. Shall I just put those 2 times down?

What to do?!

Thanks guys.

Matt

Last edited by ukmancoll; Feb 6th 2005 at 2:27 am. Reason: Another question
Old Feb 6th 2005, 4:02 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question on form DS-230 part 1, K1

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
"Address in the United States where you want your Permanent Resident Card mailed to, if different from the address question 10".
Matt
Do you have a friend or relative or a post office box that you can put here? I think they use the address on your AOS paperwork to send you the greencard anyway.

Marnee
Old Feb 6th 2005, 4:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

And as for the multiple trips, on a separate page list all the ones you DO remember, and just write up a paragraph stating that you made multiple visits, etc. Pretty much what you wrote in here.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 6th 2005, 4:35 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
And as for the multiple trips, on a separate page list all the ones you DO remember, and just write up a paragraph stating that you made multiple visits, etc. Pretty much what you wrote in here.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Good advice Rene.

I was concerned about that too. I emailed the embassy and they told me to list what I could remember and add a note to explain.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Good advice Rene.

I was concerned about that too. I emailed the embassy and they told me to list what I could remember and add a note to explain.
Great answers guys, thanks for the help.

Matt