Question about US CBP

Old Dec 13th 2014, 11:39 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about US CBP

Originally Posted by rpjs
Not so. You are not "admitted" to the US until you've been screened for immigration, customs and agricultural inspection and have left the screening area. Our learned friend Mr Folinsky has posted the case law that settled that in the not so distant past.
Hmm. Interesting. Must have been pretty extreme to have reached the courts.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 10:47 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about US CBP

Originally Posted by johnnybrown532
Fair enough but why did the cpb agent want to know about my daughter having a bank account when he found the card which she should cut up I suppose. He asked her twice was real insist about it. Why would he care? She thought she wasn't gonna get in for a second.
Contrary to what Pulaski said, it can be evidence that you lack non-immigrant intent. I've had the same thing in the past, so I always carry a copy of the bank statement showing that it has a foreign address.

It's not something that will definitely lead to the inspector thinking you have immigrant intent, it just raises their suspicions and leads to further questioning. As long as you've got a valid explanation it's not usually a problem.