Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

question about the Newark INS office

question about the Newark INS office

Old Mar 19th 2001, 11:05 pm
akirga

I want to apply for "Advance parole" on Friday. My mother is sick I need to go and
see her in India. Could any one tell me about their experience with the Newark INS
office? How early do I need to be their? I have heard stories about people lining up
in front of the INS office about 3a.m in the morning. I live about 2hrs from Newark.
I wold like to know the approximate time frame for the "Adjustment of status". I
applied my AOS in Nov 99. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

akirga

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Old Mar 19th 2001, 11:16 pm
Sumedha McAdams

Hi akirga,

My husband and I went to the Newark office on Friday, and we got there at about 6.15
am, and were about the 100'th people in line. We got to talk to an officer at about
11. All in all the wait wasn't bad - but do dress sensibly, you will be standing out
in the cold for a while.

--
Sumedha McAdams Sluggy Freelance http://www.sluggy.com http://www.sluggy.net

>
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
up
    >
from
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Mar 20th 2001, 4:46 pm
stefo74

We went to Newark one morning at 600am and were turned away after waiting 5 hours. On
the second trip, we arrived at 400am and were able to talk to someone and get his AP
the same day. They only accepted cash, though.

>
    >
to
    >
    >
    >
up
    >
from
    >
    >
    >