Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Question about Audjustment of Status Interview

Question about Audjustment of Status Interview

Old Aug 17th 2001, 5:52 am
Shawn P . Conradi

About a week and a half ago, my wife got her letter for the fingerprinting
appointment and then today she got a letter for our interview which is strangely
enough the day before she goes to get her fingerprints taken. Is this the correct
order of things or have they made a mistake in scheduling the interview before she
has eve nhad her fingerprints taken. Any feedback would be appreciated. The AOS is
family based(marriage to US citizen) if that helps any. Thanks, Shawn

Old Aug 17th 2001, 7:47 am
Sandy Gonzalez

Shawn, I've heard of people getting approved without the fingerprints being taken or
the results not coming back yet from the FBI. They just end up waiting for the
fingerprint check to clear and then they give you the stamp. My husband has his appt.
for fingerprinting in Sep. so we're thinking the interview is just around the corner.
Where did you apply?

Sandy the newlywed

Old Aug 18th 2001, 5:02 am
Shelley

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the interviews and fingerprinting.
Some do fingerprints months before the interview, some a few days before, some the
day of the interview and some a short time after. Don't worry. Your agent will
probably tell you at your interview that as soon as the fingerprints are checked you
will receive a letter telling you to come in the I-551 stamp. Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >
Is
    >
the
    >
would
    >
helps
    >