Question????

Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:30 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Default Question????

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know why the USCIS web site case status online does not give an updated current status when the status of your case changes? My husbands case status on his N-400 application continues to remain the same on USCIS web site indicating that they received his application at the CSC on 5/21/07 & they sent him a receipt.

However my husband did have a status change on his N-400 application as of last Saturday 8/25/07 in which he received in the mail his USA citizenship interview letter informing him to appear for his interview on 10/12/07 at 11:00 A.M. at the Chula Vista field office, but the case status online on the USCIS website does not reflect his status update/change.

Also he signed up on USCIS website to receive automatic e mails with current case status when there is a change of status on your case, however he never received an updated e mail from USCIS indicating the status change on his N-400 application.

If anyone who participates on this site has any knowledge concerning my above indicated question I would really appreciate your response to my post.
Thanks to all in advance.

Fondly
June
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question????

Because someone doesn't update it?

This was discussed this week. We have people here who have been US Citizens for 3 or more years and the site has never been updated.

It is a useless tool and should never been checked

Originally Posted by June
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know why the USCIS web site case status online does not give an updated current status when the status of your case changes? My husbands case status on his N-400 application continues to remain the same on USCIS web site indicating that they received his application at the CSC on 5/21/07 & they sent him a receipt.

However my husband did have a status change on his N-400 application as of last Saturday 8/25/07 in which he received in the mail his USA citizenship interview letter informing him to appear for his interview on 10/12/07 at 11:00 A.M. at the Chula Vista field office, but the case status online on the USCIS website does not reflect his status update/change.

Also he signed up on USCIS website to receive automatic e mails with current case status when there is a change of status on your case, however he never received an updated e mail from USCIS indicating the status change on his N-400 application.

If anyone who participates on this site has any knowledge concerning my above indicated question I would really appreciate your response to my post.
Thanks to all in advance.

Fondly
June
Old Aug 31st 2007, 5:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by June
Does anyone know why the USCIS web site case status online does not give an updated current status when the status of your case changes?
Because it's an unreliable system for correct information on your case. What you actually receive in the mail is true and correct, not whatever the online case status says. The online case status doesn't always get updated.

Again, the email notification is also not very reliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:07 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of

Thanks Rete & Renee for the info.

Fondly
June