Q 4 Charles of Canada

Old Apr 2nd 2002, 7:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Q 4 Charles of Canada

You mentioned that your USC fiancee lives in New Haven, MI. I don't have a clue where that is but I know there are two INS offices in Michigan that do same day AOS and they are Detroit, MI and Sault St. Marie, MI (actually the POE there).

The SSM office will only do AOS for those people who live in what is called the Upper Pennisula of Michigan. Are you going to be one of the lucky ones?

Rete
Old Apr 2nd 2002, 10:06 pm
Aangiela

Default Re: Q 4 Charles of Canada

I thought I read somewhere that even the people in the UP have to do AOS in Detroit,
which would be a big pain in the arse for them. I live in Bay City which is about 3
hours south of the bridge, and two hours north of Detroit. My heart goes out to those
in the UP if they have to go to Detroit.

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 12:35 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the post that told us about the Sault Ste. Marie, MI INS office at the POE doing instant AOS.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Sa...tup.com&rnum=3
Old Apr 3rd 2002, 2:15 am
Charles

[email protected] (AAngiela) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I thought I read somewhere that even the people in the UP have to do AOS in
    > Detroit, which would be a big pain in the arse for them. I live in Bay City which
    > is about 3 hours south of the bridge, and two hours north of Detroit. My heart goes
    > out to those in the UP if they have to go to Detroit.

If I am not mistaken everything goes thru detroit. that is where the disrict office
is. The SSM office is actually at the border crossing. When I applied for my waiver
of inadmissiblity it went from Detroit to SSM which is where it was approved at but I
still had to mail it to Detroit. And New Haven is about half way between Port Huron
and Detroit so we will only be about 30 miles away