British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Processing times updated on website (US Embassy London, DHS) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/processing-times-updated-website-us-embassy-london-dhs-243894/)

DDL Jul 23rd 2004 12:37 pm

Processing times updated on website (US Embassy London, DHS)

DHS (London) updated their page today. It reads:

"As of Friday, July 23, 2004 we are currently processing I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before May 18th, 2004."

Dimsie Jul 23rd 2004 1:17 pm

Re: Processing times updated on website (US Embassy London, DHS)

Originally posted by DDL

"As of Friday, July 23, 2004 we are currently processing I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before May 18th, 2004."

Thanks Denise!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!! They've passed our date now. I'll be watching the postman's every move next week!!
Ann

DDL Jul 23rd 2004 1:47 pm

Originally posted by Dimsie
Thanks Denise!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!! They've passed our date now. I'll be watching the postman's every move next week!! Ann

Best wishes, Ann!

I just got the postcard today saying that my I-130 was filed on July 20, so hopefully it won't be long for us, either.

Cheerio from a gorgeously sunny London,

Denise

half-pint Jul 23rd 2004 3:51 pm

Originally posted by DDL
Best wishes, Ann!

I just got the postcard today saying that my I-130 was filed on July 20, so hopefully it won't be long for us, either.

Denise
Yeah! You got your postcard too. Hopefully things will start to speed up - I'll be keeping my arms/legs/fingers/eyes crossed.

I was on the website checking at 10am this morning, seems they always update just before morning coffee break or tea break in your case!

Ellie

cindyabs Jul 23rd 2004 4:35 pm

Originally posted by DDL
Best wishes, Ann!

Denise
Denise, your updates continue to help us get a fix on a rough guessitmate when they might be processing our case, non DCF Consular processing. We still have a few months before they will get our paperwork from NVC.
Ta from tropical Georgia, ;)

DDL Jul 23rd 2004 4:50 pm

Originally posted by half-pint
Yeah! You got your postcard too. Hopefully things will start to speed up - I'll be keeping my arms/legs/fingers/eyes crossed.
Cheers, Ellie. (But it's going to be hard for you to drive with all those crossed appendages!) :-)

I was on the website checking at 10am this morning, seems they always update just before morning coffee break or tea break in your case!Ellie
I've read so many stories about how nice everyone at the embassy is ... they MUST be tea drinkers!! :-)

Denise

DDL Jul 23rd 2004 4:52 pm

Originally posted by cindyabs
Denise, your updates continue to help us get a fix on a rough guessitmate when they might be processing our case, non DCF Consular processing. We still have a few months before they will get our paperwork from NVC. Ta from tropical Georgia, ;)

Well, best of luck to you!

Where in Georgia? I'm from the Charleston, SC area....TALK about tropical! :-)

Denise

cindyabs Jul 23rd 2004 5:01 pm

Originally posted by DDL
Well, best of luck to you!

Where in Georgia? I'm from the Charleston, SC area....TALK about tropical! :-)

Denise
Hey we're only 2 hrs down the road-just outside of Savannah! We went to Charleston for our wedding anniversary, :). Even the natives say that it has been hotter sooner this year (and longer, :( ) then normal.

PS We have 2 tearooms in Savannah!

DDL Jul 23rd 2004 5:17 pm

PS We have 2 tearooms in Savannah!

Yeah, I know. :-) I've been to The Tea Room (7 E. Broughton) MANY times - am good friends with the owners. :-)

Cheerio for now!

D.

Maryanne Kehoe Jul 24th 2004 1:37 am

London is one of the few Embassies that really has it together! Kudos!

anyone4tea Jul 24th 2004 8:30 am

My hubby lives in Atlanta, and he's been telling me (sickening) about the temperatures! :)

It's been truly miserable in England until yesterday! (23rd), so very much looking forward to being there with him!

Kath
xxx

Dimsie Jul 24th 2004 10:02 am

Originally posted by DDL
Best wishes, Ann!

Denise

Postman brought the NOA this morning !!!!!!!! So we cleared the first hurdle after all. I was having a serious panic after the exchanges on Visa Journey this week!!!!
Woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Hope all others in the queue (line) get good news sooner than expected too ! :)
Ann and Fred

half-pint Jul 24th 2004 10:05 am

Postman brought the NOA this morning !!!!!!!! So we cleared the first hurdle after all. I was having a serious panic after the exchanges on Visa Journey this week!!!!
Ann and Fred

Excellent news Ann! I am so pleased for you! Hopefully it will be my turn next!

Good luck with the rest of the process!

Ellie

anyone4tea Jul 24th 2004 11:26 am

CONGRATULATIONS Ann and Fred!!! Excellent news!

Won't be long now! :)

Kath
xxx

DDL Jul 25th 2004 11:35 am

Ann and Fred

Many congrats!

Dimsie Jul 25th 2004 2:38 pm

Thanks everyone! :)

Looks as though we have a DCF conga line going here
Let's see, there's

Kath and JB heading the line.....30 July interview

Mark (mstracy)and wife..............2 August "

antnjen

Fred and me

Ellie and Enoch

Denise and husband

.............did I forget anyone??

Good luck to all.
Ann

Maryanne Kehoe Jul 26th 2004 3:40 am

93 degrees today (Sunday)---oy!

Group: alt.visa.us.marriage-based Date: Sat, Jul 24, 2004, 8:30am
(EDT+4) From: member17549@british_expats.com (anyone4tea)
My hubby lives in Atlanta, and he's been telling me (sickening) about
the temperatures! :)
It's been truly miserable in England until yesterday! (23rd), so very
much looking forward to being there with him!
Kath
xxx
--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Dimsie Jul 27th 2004 8:52 am

Hi again !

Just want to let y'all know we got a lovely surprise this morning - e-mail from the Embassy with interview date.....31 August!!!!!!
:D :D

half-pint Jul 27th 2004 8:56 am

Hi again !

Just want to let y'all know we got a lovely surprise this morning - e-mail from the Embassy with interview date.....31 August!!!!!!
Excellent news Ann and Fred! Good luck! I have requested an interview at the end of August - so I dunno if they are extra nice to me I might see you there!

DDL Jul 27th 2004 2:47 pm

Hi again! Just want to let y'all know we got a lovely surprise this morning - e-mail from the Embassy with interview date.....31 August!!!!!! :D :D

That's greattttttttt news, Anne!

May I ask when your I-130 was officially filed (not approved)?

Cheers,

Denise

Dimsie Jul 27th 2004 3:09 pm

Originally posted by DDL
That's greattttttttt news, Anne!

May I ask when your I-130 was officially filed (not approved)?

Cheers,

Denise

Hi Denise
Thanks!

On the NOA is stated "Date petition filed: 05/14/04"
(it was the date the credit card was debited also)

Ann

DDL Jul 27th 2004 7:08 pm

Hi Denise Thanks! On the NOA is stated "Date petition filed: 05/14/04" (it was the date the credit card was debited also)
Ann

Cheers. Just trying to get a handle on a possible time-frame for us.

I bet you're excited!!!!!!!!!!

mstracy Jul 27th 2004 7:18 pm

Hi again !

That's really great to hear, congratulations. It won't be long now. I missed congratulating you on your NOA, we've been busy getting Dawn (my wife) ready for her flight home so I haven't been on here much over the past few days. I won't be following her for about 2 months :( as I have to sort out the business and sell the house first. Oh well, it's all worth it in the end.

Mark

Dimsie Jul 27th 2004 10:16 pm

Originally posted by mstracy
That's really great to hear, congratulations. It won't be long now. I missed congratulating you on your NOA, we've been busy getting Dawn (my wife) ready for her flight home so I haven't been on here much over the past few days. I won't be following her for about 2 months :( as I have to sort out the business and sell the house first. Oh well, it's all worth it in the end.

Mark
Thanks Mark!

Oh dear - that's a bummer!! But you'll be so busy sorting out house sale etc that the time will fly by. I have that part to come yet....lost one house buyer 'cos I couldn't say how long this process would take. Now we can try again .
Good luck !
Ann

antjen Jul 27th 2004 11:36 pm

Congrats ann & fred on your interview date!!!

reading your post about your emailed interview date has pushed me into emailing them!! - i want my date too :)

Ant

Dimsie Jul 28th 2004 8:26 am

Originally posted by antjen
Congrats ann & fred on your interview date!!!

reading your post about your emailed interview date has pushed me into emailing them!! - i want my date too :)

Ant
Hi Ant

Hope you hear soon...you should be ahead of us.
I had e-mailed only to ask if we were approved - as the website status update indicated they were working well past our filing date. The next day we received the NOA by snail mail (it had taken a week to reach us). They replied to my e-mail by giving me the interview date....which was very kind of them! :)
Ann

antjen Jul 28th 2004 10:09 am

Hi Ant

Hope you hear soon...you should be ahead of us.
I had e-mailed only to ask if we were approved - as the website status update indicated they were working well past our filing date. The next day we received the NOA by snail mail (it had taken a week to reach us). They replied to my e-mail by giving me the interview date....which was very kind of them! :)
Ann

I don't think we will be ahead of you. =0( just looking on the dates, we sent ours in July 13 where you sent yours June 30. Well wish us luck anyway.

congratulations! to you and fred
Jen

Dimsie Jul 28th 2004 11:49 am

I don't think we will be ahead of you. =0( just looking on the dates, we sent ours in July 13 where you sent yours June 30. Well wish us luck anyway.

congratulations! to you and fred
Jen

You never know, Jen....when they note your filing date thay might find a niche for you in August so as to keep their stats looking good!! Hope so! Good luck !
Ann

antjen Jul 28th 2004 4:08 pm

You never know, Jen....when they note your filing date thay might find a niche for you in August so as to keep their stats looking good!! Hope so! Good luck !
Ann
OH MY GOD!!! - jen just emailed the embassy today and they gave me a date of july 30th - this friday!!! - they are going to fax all the paperwork over to me at work tomorrow, what should i expect in packet 4 btw?

excited but kinda nervous now as the ball is definitly rolling :) :)

Ant

Dimsie Jul 28th 2004 4:18 pm

OH MY GOD!!! - jen just emailed the embassy today and they gave me a date of july 30th - this friday!!! - they are going to fax all the paperwork over to me at work tomorrow, what should i expect in packet 4 btw?

excited but kinda nervous now as the ball is definitly rolling :) :)

Ant

Great news!!!!! So pleased for you!
I got pkt 4 today. There's nothing to worry about in it.....a medical questionnaire, and the sworn statement thingie which was part 2 of the DS230. Lots of notes and the appointment letter to wave at the security guard. That's all, i think.

Good luck.....let us all know how you get on.
Ann

antjen Jul 28th 2004 4:54 pm

Great news!!!!! So pleased for you!
I got pkt 4 today. There's nothing to worry about in it.....a medical questionnaire, and the sworn statement thingie which was part 2 of the DS230. Lots of notes and the appointment letter to wave at the security guard. That's all, i think.

Good luck.....let us all know how you get on.
Ann

Thanks for that information Ann! I was getting nervous there as i didn't know what to expect. All i knew was that there was a medical form and a letter stating that we have an appointment. Too bad they didn't move us back a day and we would of been able to meet mark!

Jen

half-pint Jul 28th 2004 5:34 pm

Thanks for that information Ann! I was getting nervous there as i didn't know what to expect. All i knew was that there was a medical form and a letter stating that we have an appointment. Too bad they didn't move us back a day and we would of been able to meet mark!

Jen
Wow that is quick. Good luck Ant and Jen! Please post an account of your day.

Thanks

Ellie

mstracy Jul 28th 2004 9:41 pm

Jen
That was amazingly quick, I guess they do fill cancellations then!
It would have been nice to meet up there, Oh well...
Good luck with the interview and medical and take notes so we all know what to expect. ;)

Mark

antjen Jul 28th 2004 9:50 pm

Wow that is quick. Good luck Ant and Jen! Please post an account of your day.

Thanks

Ellie
yeah i will put as much info down for you all to see!! - i was hoping someone else would go before me though so i would get a feel for the day, oh well someone has to go first lol !

yes it must have been a cancelation for it to have been such short notice!!

Ant

half-pint Jul 30th 2004 8:54 am

Originally posted by DDL

As of Friday, July 30, 2004 we are currently processing
I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before
June 16, 2004.

That's almost a month in a week....w00t!

My date has now passed so hopefully I will get something in the mail this week.

Ellie

DDL Jul 30th 2004 9:42 am

Originally posted by half-pint As of Friday, July 30, 2004 we are currently processing I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before June 16, 2004. That's almost a month in a week....w00t! My date has now passed so hopefully I will get something in the mail this week. Ellie

Woo-hoo!!! This is great news! Good luck, Ellie!

half-pint Jul 30th 2004 2:04 pm

Originally posted by DDL
Cheers, Ellie. (But it's going to be hard for you to drive with all those crossed appendages!) :-)
Hah I sold my car when I moved close to London due to being able to use Public Transport and a 5 minute walk from work! So it looks as if all that crossing of the appendages worked wonders.

I must now concentrate on further crossing of appendages and alot of tea drinking.

Ellie ;)

Dimsie Jul 30th 2004 3:01 pm

As of Friday, July 30, 2004 we are currently processing
I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before
June 16, 2004.

That's almost a month in a week....w00t!

My date has now passed so hopefully I will get something in the mail this week.

Ellie
Ye Gods!!!! They have really started truckin' now! So pleased for you Ellie, and Denise too ! Perhaps some staff have returned from vacation to help things move along.
We might bump into each other in the waiting room after all!!
Ann

antjen Jul 30th 2004 4:37 pm

well i had my medical & interview today - woohoo!!!!! - we got the visa (well not physicaly as that should b monday) - the whole process was a lot simpler and quicker than i expected (i shall do a write up tonight) - america here i come :)

:PARTY:

Ant

Dimsie Jul 30th 2004 5:37 pm

well i had my medical & interview today - woohoo!!!!! - we got the visa (well not physicaly as that should b monday) - the whole
Ant
CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS.......!!!!!!!!!!!:PARTY:
Well done.....so glad for you both, Ant and Jen.

Ann and Fred