Processing Time Accuracy

Old Apr 13th 2018, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

onetimeonly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing Time Accuracy

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent

Are these processing times really that accurate? Do they inflate them, or is 1 to almost 2 years to process an N400 case normal now
Old Apr 13th 2018, 11:06 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing Time Accuracy

Originally Posted by onetimeonly
https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent

Are these processing times really that accurate? Do they inflate them, or is 1 to almost 2 years to process an N400 case normal now
No, they are no inflated. As for accuracy, it gives a guideline. Add or subtract a few months as each service center will experience increases and decreases in volume which will alter the timeline.

As for the N-400. Roughly a year is what has been seen. Not heard of anyone having to wait two years for adjudication of the N-400 in my 21 years of experience with immigration. In fact, a few have had their interviews within 7 months recently.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 11:28 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

With respect to N400s, it totally depends on what field office you land out (ie which one serves your area) For example, the LA field office will be much busier than the one in Bozeman, Montana.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 12:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
With respect to N400s, it totally depends on what field office you land out (ie which one serves your area) For example, the LA field office will be much busier than the one in Bozeman, Montana.
So true. The service center is really the intake office for the application. They take the money, check for eligibility and hold until the field office calls for more apps to be sent for final processing.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
No, they are no inflated. As for accuracy, it gives a guideline. Add or subtract a few months as each service center will experience increases and decreases in volume which will alter the timeline.

As for the N-400. Roughly a year is what has been seen. Not heard of anyone having to wait two years for adjudication of the N-400 in my 21 years of experience with immigration. In fact, a few have had their interviews within 7 months recently.

Hi Rete, is this the case for all online processing times?
Old Apr 13th 2018, 1:42 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103
In my experience, they're not accurate. My I-140 is well outside the posted processing times (and USCIS haven't even responded to the SR in the time-frame they set themselves). Yet, my wife's EAD application took 32 days from mailing the application to getting the card, so way before the posted processing time.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BigT103
Honestly, online filing is relatively new. How the USCIS processes those I've no idea but rationally, I would think it would follow in much the same manner. You file online, your credit card payment is processed, your form checked for eligibility and the application held until the field office calls for more apps to be adjudicated. So my educated guess would be yes, online processing times are included in the general processing timeline given on any particular link. Perhaps at some point in the future, they will have a separate link for just online app processing. But you are not doing a naturalization application.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Great, so my card's going to expire while I'm waiting then.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 4:06 am
Concierge

So? What's the problem?
Old Apr 14th 2018, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onetimeonly
Great, so my card's going to expire while I'm waiting then.
You have a green card that's about to expire, and are applying for citizenship? If so, apparently that's not a problem. And if timelines really are shortening the way very recent anecdotes suggest, maybe it won't even expire.

More of a problem is losing or having had a GC stolen. On the one hand the naturalization forms say you must have a GC or I-90 in process; OTOH the officer who dealt with my wife's biometrics for N400 and I-90 said the I-90 for her lost/stolen GC wasn't necessary for N400. (In the end we did need it for foreign travel anyway)
Old Apr 14th 2018, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Well it expires at the end of this year, yes. It's over six months away from expiration right now though. So I don't have to renew the card if I have a pending naturalization case then?

If it's not a problem, it's not a problem. I just don't like the idea of having/letting my card expire in general.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 4:42 pm
Concierge

Here from citizenpath.com

If your green card has expired, you continue to be a permanent resident of the United States. You do not lose your immigration status. However, the physical card that proves your status is expired and generally not valid for most uses.

It’s possible to apply for citizenship with an expired green card. Immigration law does not specifically require a valid green card to establish eligibility for naturalization. And although USCIS policy on this matter has changed over time, there is a general sentiment that encourages U.S. citizenship. Every day, many citizenship applicants successfully file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, with an expiring or expired green card

The only thing is you shouldn't travel because your re-entry document, the green card, is expired. You can, however, make an info pass appointment and get an I-551 stamp in your passport. Sure beats paying for a new card that you will have to surrender on the day of the oath ceremony.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
In fact, a few have had their interviews within 7 months recently.
My current experience is 2 months here in Boston from submitted online application to interview date! So far very fast, surprisedly so.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mercury39
My current experience is 2 months here in Boston from submitted online application to interview date! So far very fast, surprisedly so.
Damn, that's fast. I hope I get that lucky.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 10:12 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercury39
Bostens average is currently 5-13 months, so I would expect it to be reasonably quick. Here in Atlanta it's 10-18 months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.