Problem with x-ray

Old May 22nd 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problem with x-ray

Yesterday I had my medical at Knightsbridge Doctors. The doctor who looked at the x-ray said that it doesn't look normal, and that I may have to go back and have a sputum test.First though, they will submit the x-ray to a consultant.

Hearing this scared me to death, since I have never had any symptoms, neither cough, nor chest pain or fever. I have my interview in 10 days, but this issue will surely delay everything by several weeks if they go with the sputum test. If it comes back positive, well then I will say farewell to America...

Has anyone been in this situation before?
Old May 22nd 2018, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with x-ray

Originally Posted by adamas
Yesterday I had my medical at Knightsbridge Doctors. The doctor who looked at the x-ray said that it doesn't look normal, and that I may have to go back and have a sputum test.First though, they will submit the x-ray to a consultant.

Hearing this scared me to death, since I have never had any symptoms, neither cough, nor chest pain or fever. I have my interview in 10 days, but this issue will surely delay everything by several weeks if they go with the sputum test. If it comes back positive, well then I will say farewell to America...

After checking on line, the sputum test does not have to indicate that you have TB. It could very well that you have walking pneumonia or emphysema or sometime else. Neither of those things will stop you from obtaining a visa. Only [active] TB which is contagious would be an issue.

Not trying to tell you what to do, but perhaps it is time to call your doctor, make an appointment, and have them do their independent tests to find out what or if there is a problem. Their findings coupled with Knightsbridge's findings or suspicions will make a final diagnosis easier. It is easy to become frightened and fearful. Negativity does not help. Please don't do that to yourself. Easy to say and hard to do I know. I've had to do this when I was found to have breast cancer 25 years ago. Nothing is insurmountable and you will get through this favorably.

Last edited by Rete; May 22nd 2018 at 2:19 pm. Reason: specified which type of TB is an issue
Old May 22nd 2018, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

BTW you have posted in the wrong forum. I'm asking your thread to be sent over to the marriage-based visa forum.
Old May 22nd 2018, 2:10 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I had this happen several times to clients. All were admitted to the United States as immigrants.

This is NOT a permanent bar. It is active TB that is a ground of inadmissiblity. You would want to know this anyways. TB is treatable. BTW, the ground of inadmissiblity is danger to the public health.

There may be a delay, but you will probably be OK.
Old May 22nd 2018, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

If it is latent TB, would I have to first do the therapy and then have a new x-ray to show no TB?

The therapy is months long, but my job is starting in August and the company will hardly wait anymore, and most importantly I don't want either. It' almost two years already that I have been waiting and I am fed up with it...
Old May 22nd 2018, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
BTW you have posted in the wrong forum. I'm asking your thread to be sent over to the marriage-based visa forum.

Actually it's an employment based immigrant visa application.
Old May 22nd 2018, 2:48 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

If it is latent TB, would I have to first do the therapy and then have a new x-ray to show no TB?

The therapy is months long, but my job is starting in August and the company will hardly wait anymore, and most importantly I don't want either. It' almost two years already that I have been waiting and I am fed up with it...
There are two types of findings -- "Class A" and "Class B" with latent being in class B. Last time I looked, Class B was not a ground of inadmissibility. That said, you will be strongly encouraged to follow up once in the United States.

I am not going to tell you to relax -- waiting on medical results is not good for one's peace of mind.
Old May 22nd 2018, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
There are two types of findings -- "Class A" and "Class B" with latent being in class B. Last time I looked, Class B was not a ground of inadmissibility. That said, you will be strongly encouraged to follow up once in the United States.

I am not going to tell you to relax -- waiting on medical results is not good for one's peace of mind.
Yeah, waiting is quite awful. I would like to freeze until they reach back.

Regarding latent TB, I wonder if this would show up at all in a chest x-ray...I do not think so.
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:08 pm
BE Commentator

Yeah, waiting is quite awful. I would like to freeze until they reach back.

Regarding latent TB, I wonder if this would show up at all in a chest x-ray...I do not think so.
Remember -- attend the interview at the Embassy.
Old May 22nd 2018, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Remember -- attend the interview at the Embassy.
I will. I have on the 4th June. I just hope they do not call me for the sputum test, it takes some weeks to get the answer for that and it would just add up to the anxiety of waiting.

Anyway, I will bring the x-ray to a private consultant for a second independent opinion, regardless of the visa but for my own peace of mind. To give me the copy, KD is asking me to pay a fee, as if the 300 pound were not enough...
Old May 22nd 2018, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I will. I have on the 4th June. I just hope they do not call me for the sputum test, it takes some weeks to get the answer for that and it would just add up to the anxiety of waiting.

Anyway, I will bring the x-ray to a private consultant for a second independent opinion, regardless of the visa but for my own peace of mind. To give me the copy, KD is asking me to pay a fee, as if the 300 pound were not enough...
They run an absolute ridiculous Monopoly.
Old May 22nd 2018, 10:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by tom169
They run an absolute ridiculous Monopoly.
Actually the same here in the States. In order to obtain a copy of my mammograms to be given to my new doctor and diagnostic center I have to pay $20 for every mammogram. Times that by 10 years and there goes $200. It is just not something you are familiar with in the UK perhaps of the NHS and perhaps you never had to ask for a copy of an x-ray.
Old May 23rd 2018, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Actually the same here in the States. In order to obtain a copy of my mammograms to be given to my new doctor and diagnostic center I have to pay $20 for every mammogram. Times that by 10 years and there goes $200. It is just not something you are familiar with in the UK perhaps of the NHS and perhaps you never had to ask for a copy of an x-ray.
My point was that it's a single doctor's office in the UK for medicals and they seem to be able to dictate prices independently. There is no connection between the prices they charge and what's on the open market from civil surgeons in the US.
Old May 23rd 2018, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
My point was that it's a single doctor's office in the UK for medicals and they seem to be able to dictate prices independently. There is no connection between the prices they charge and what's on the open market from civil surgeons in the US.
Probably quite cheap for a private practice in Knightsbridge, no doubt there'd be grumblings if they were to locate to Redruth (Cornwall) where the rent would be peanuts in comparison.
Old May 24th 2018, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Probably quite cheap for a private practice in Knightsbridge, no doubt there'd be grumblings if they were to locate to Redruth (Cornwall) where the rent would be peanuts in comparison.
Probably is. Still, they have a monopoly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.