Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Problem obtaining L2 Visa - No Marriage Photos (Only Marriage Certificate)

Problem obtaining L2 Visa - No Marriage Photos (Only Marriage Certificate)

Old May 13th 2003, 9:47 am
Sk

Default Problem obtaining L2 Visa - No Marriage Photos (Only Marriage Certificate)

HI,

I have an L1B visa and recently got married in India. My marriage is a
registered marriage and I have only the marriage certificate as proof
of my marriage as our parents did not accept/approve and consequently
did not attend the marriage. Due to this we do not have any marriage
photos taken..but my company can give a certificate stating that am
legally married to my spouse.

I understand that copies of marriage photos are necessary for
obtaining an L2 Visa for my spouse. Is it so?? Do I have any
alternatives?? What should I do now..Please advice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
SK

Old May 13th 2003, 11:13 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on an L2 visa and the only photos that I had to provide were two passport-sized photos - which appear on the actual visa itself. We had to provide a copy of our marriage certificate but that was all and certainly no wedding photos; we're both British, were married in England but our US L1 & L2 visas were issued in Singapore.

I don't know what Indian marriage certificates look like but why do you think that Indians have to provide a wedding photo?
Old May 13th 2003, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also on L2 and never had to provide a marriage photo! Just passport photos, that's it.

I guess, you're confusing it with the procedure of getting a GC for the spouse, where you have to prove (with pictures) that the marriage was genuine.