Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Private Naturalization Ceremony question

Private Naturalization Ceremony question

Old Jun 26th 2017, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Minty will become famous soon enoughMinty will become famous soon enough
Default Private Naturalization Ceremony question

Hi

I have just passed my naturalization interview and am now waiting for a date and time for the oath ceremony.

However, I know a number of federal judges who have said they will carry out the oath in a private ceremony in their court room. Can anyone share how I go about arranging this from a USCIS perspective? The Judge can administer the oath but obviously, I assume, won't collect my green card or give me my certificate etc.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Any help will be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2017, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Naturalization Ceremony question

I've not heard of anyone in these forums doing this. All have seemed to go to the official swearing in ceremony which is actually a nice ceremony with pomp and circumstances the occasion warrants IMHO.

Any reason why you don't want to be with other people when you take the oath? Since you are on a friendly basis with these judges, why not ask them what they do in such an instance.