Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Preparing Concurrent Petition for Parents - What is needed with the i-765

Preparing Concurrent Petition for Parents - What is needed with the i-765

Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:21 am
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Preparing Concurrent Petition for Parents - What is needed with the i-765

So I am preparing my Parent's Petition for AOS as I will be a citizen soon. They are currently in the US legally, so I plan to file concurrent i-130 and i-485, along with i-131 and i-765..so far so good, BUT

i-765 says it must be filed with supporting docs, such as evidence that your i-485 is pending.

I found this in a few places on the web:
---
Adjustment of Status Base
(c)(9) - Adjustment of Status Applicant
A copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your I-485 is pending.
You may file Form-765 concurrently with Form I-485.
---
Is a concurrent filing in itself sufficient evidence of the pending i-485 (Since it's included in envelope/concurrent) ?

or must I include an additional copy of the i-485 attached to the i-765 as proof that I filied it and it is pending, such as "Attached is a Copy of Concurrently Filed i-485" (And if so are any supporting docs to the I-485 required...the full I-485 with evidence is quite lengthly with the Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, and corresponding translations)

or is there a "none of the above" answer and I must do something else?

Thanks ahead of time for your valuable input.

(Edit - No clue were the thumbs down came from on the subject)
Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Preparing Concurrent Petition for Parents - What is needed with the i-765

We included a photocopy of the signed I-485 to show that we're filing it concurrently.

Rene
Old Dec 10th 2009, 12:46 pm
A I

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of
Default Re: Preparing Concurrent Petition for Parents - What is needed with the i-765

Originally Posted by Noorah101
We included a photocopy of the signed I-485 to show that we're filing it concurrently.

Rene
Thanks, I will do the same. Is it a good idea to include another copy with the I-131 ?
Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A I
Thanks, I will do the same. Is it a good idea to include another copy with the I-131 ?
I think we did, just in case.

Rene
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:29 pm
A I

Excellent. Thank you so much for your feedback !!!