Posting medicine?

Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

badlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to all
Default Posting medicine?

My husband (UKC) has a hard time sleeping most nights, and when he was with me in the states he bought these over the counter Walgreens sleeping pills that came with like 100 pills in the bottle. They worked really well for not being prescription.

Now he is almost out and wants me to post him some more. He just brought them with him on the plane back home last time. So, my question is will it be okay to ship these since they are OTC? I know England can be weird with pills so just wondering if anyone's done it before.

Thanks!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:41 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Posting medicine?

I have been sending my best friend in the UK melatonin, Alleve and Benadryl a few times a year for the past few years. I declare it right on the customs slip as well. There has never been a problem
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I have been sending my best friend in the UK melatonin, Alleve and Benadryl a few times a year for the past few years. I declare it right on the customs slip as well. There has never been a problem
Carrying things in for personal use is different than shipping though..

megan, what pills are they (just curious)? Isn't melatonin one thing you can't buy in the UK?
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:31 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

You can't get Melatonin in a drugstore in the UK without a prescription but you can legallyship it to the UK and buy it online in the UK.on Amazon and Nextag among many other sights. It's a lot cheaper in the US.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

badlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to allbadlydrawnmegan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
Carrying things in for personal use is different than shipping though..

megan, what pills are they (just curious)? Isn't melatonin one thing you can't buy in the UK?

They are just store brand Nighttime Sleep Aid pills. Basic diphenhydramine.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

My Brit friend send all sorts of medicine and face creams over to her mum in the UK. Don't think it would hurst to try...the worst that could happen is you'd be out of pocket if they don't get there
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by badlydrawnmegan
They are just store brand Nighttime Sleep Aid pills. Basic diphenhydramine.
I guess if it was me, I'd look it up on the UK Customs/Revenue site and see if there's a prohibition. Can't imagine that there is, but every country has strange little quirks that can make 'common' meds disallowed.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I guess if it was me, I'd look it up on the UK Customs/Revenue site and see if there's a prohibition. Can't imagine that there is, but every country has strange little quirks that can make 'common' meds disallowed.
That's exactly what I was going to post.

There are meds available here to buy at the pharmacy which are prescription only in the UK and visa versa. For example...meds containing codeine are available for purchase from UK chemists...you are not allowed to bring/mail it to the US because it is a controlled substance. On the other hand Naproxen Sodium (Aleve) is available for resale in the US...it is available by prescription only in the UK.