Possible Move Back to UK

Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:52 am
Just Joined

ExPatKopite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible Move Back to UK

Had previously placed this in the wrong forum...

Hi there, this is quite complex and I was wondering if anyone had any scoop or if I need to pay to use that $2.99/minute info line at the Consulate.

I was born in the UK, but no longer have a British/EU passport, but a US Passport. I may have the chance to return to the UK if a job interview I have next week with a British company offers.

My wife and two children are US born, what will I need to do for them to be able to come with me (they have US passports also), and for my wife possible eventually seek employment?

Any help appreciated!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible Move Back to UK

Originally Posted by ExPatKopite
Had previously placed this in the wrong forum...

Hi there, this is quite complex and I was wondering if anyone had any scoop or if I need to pay to use that $2.99/minute info line at the Consulate.

I was born in the UK, but no longer have a British/EU passport, but a US Passport. I may have the chance to return to the UK if a job interview I have next week with a British company offers.

My wife and two children are US born, what will I need to do for them to be able to come with me (they have US passports also), and for my wife possible eventually seek employment?

Any help appreciated!
You can use your US PP to visit the UK. You will need to apply for a new UK PP if you want to live in the UK as a UK citizen ...apply for British birth certificates and PPs for your children too. Your wife will require a visa...now there I can't help you sorry...but there are several on here that can. There are also several threads about non UK spouses relocating to the UK...take a look down the list and read through them.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

calle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nice
Default Re: Possible Move Back to UK

Hi,
I had to do the same, its really easy. I just sent a copy of my birth cert. to get a current British passport, and then sent my passport number with my childrens Birth certificates to get their British passports. It was fine that they were born in the US, no problem obtaining their British passports. My US husband sent his birth cert. and his US passport along with a copy of our marriage cert. to the British consulate in NY, and within two weeks he had his passport stamped for permanent residence to the UK
a good website is; http://www.britainusa.com/visas/arti...=41000&a=41031
Hopefully that will help. He is able to work here and is entitled to NHs coverage. He has had no problems.