Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Possibility of getting H-1B in social care sector

Possibility of getting H-1B in social care sector

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

hoochi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possibility of getting H-1B in social care sector

Firstly hello,

i am new to this site and found out lots of fantastic information however, i would appreciate members advice and knowledge. I am married eith 3 children, currently work as social work assistant, i have a BA on childhood studies and 10 years experience of early years; nursey manager, family support worker and early years lead.

After researching the visa's I asumed my best chance to gain employment in USA would be to gain a sponsor them a H-1B does this sound feasible? I did look at the possibility of doind a masters in social work over ther but this does not look like an option .

My husband is a joiner by trade with 20yrs experience, as far as i understand this is not a skill sought after now which is why we thought my career would give us the best chance.

Any advice or recomendations is muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possibility of getting H-1B in social care sector

Realistically, I'd say your chances of getting a H1 are next to zero.

There are loads of folks here, that can work tomorrow, with experience, with masters, that are out of work and looking for less and less jobs out there.

I know two folks doing that kind of work, in niche areas and one persons department downside to two people where 6 used to do it and another is one of 3 part timers where there used to be 4 full timers, both in the Boston metro area.

So if you can honestly answer why/how a government agency/hospital could justify spending thousands on a visa...

You're also right about the OH, it's a skill that is looked out for, but it's not one that would get a visa.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

You've probably already seen that already, but that explains the regular ways in.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

thank you so much, maybe back to the drawing board
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a H1-B in the social care sector with Just a BA in psychology and no work experience. If you can get the company to sponsor it then there is no reason why you wouldnt get the H1 b visa.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

thanks hopefuly the employment will pick up, i can hope. Do you mind me asking what role you do and how long you gave been there.