police Simple Caution

Old May 30th 2011, 10:56 am
Just Joined

rush987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police Simple Caution

I am abit concerened about my visa status after police arrested me and I accepted simple caution after a family quarrel with my wife. I was kind of forced to accept simple caution to get out of trouble sooner and avoid further trial or court actions against me.I was advised by my solicitor and also the investigator that by accepting simple caution,my visa status won't be jepordized and they even told me they have contacted home office and they have advised them that a simple caution will act as an A-factor,but when I got home,i noticed in the paper that the police passed me,one of the clauses clearly says that I understand that accepting this simple causion may mean that some countries will not allow me to live there permanetly.I am really upset now and my wife too,she regrets what she has done and she is happy t do everything to get back her words and take all the esponsibility to avoid further problems.My UK Tier1 visa expires in 5 months and I have to extend it for another 2 years in order to be able to apply for Indefenite leave to Remain.Can you please advise whether I am in trouble now or will they extend my visa or not?if yes,how about the time I appy for indefenite leave to remain? I really do not trust my solicitor(she was introduced by police)since her knowledge about this subject was limited and it was kind of new issue.Please advice me with good refeences
Thanks guys
Old May 30th 2011, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police Simple Caution

I'm not expert but I thought they were mainly concerned with crimes that could lead to a jail sentence of more than one year. Note not that did, but that could have.

It might be an idea if your wife wrote a letter to go with your visa application to explain what happened.